Model Cars Magazine Forum

Which Resin Part(s) or Conversion Would You like To See?

Theres only one big thing I really would like to see. I dont care if its a resin body or a kit from the big boys and that is a 1923 C cab, just like the fiberglass hot rod bodys! I even may know a resin caster or two or three that may be talked into casting it! Jody

I like a lot of the ideas here. I like just about everything on Impcon's list, and the idea of the Charger/Satellite conversion bits sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Given the popularity of the new-tool 1971 Charger, I'm really surprised nobody's jumped on that one.

The idea of more 1930s/40s Chevies and Pontiacs also sounds good (the Pontiacs especially.)

I'd also like to see a Fairmont, as long as it can also be built stock. I'd especially like either a wagon or a Futura.

Here's another idea: a 1971-77 Dodge/Plymouth B-Body wagon to use with the Monaco police car kit. That wagon was seen all over the place on TV and in reality, and I think it might be a popular seller.

Charlie Larkin

we have got the bumpers, grille & taillights mastered...having a production problem with the cear parts...hood may not be a big deal, body not sure...interior has not been tackled yet

The 71 interior is the same for the 72's according to my brochure I own,The body is the same it just has the 72-78 style marker lights ,The rallye however has 5 slats on the doors,That is the only difference in the 2 years,Let me know when the bumpers and taillights are readdy PLEASE!

I seen some said some nice 3/4 ton and one ton wheels, some 8 lug singles would be nice. I would also like to see some nice Alcoa aluminum dually wheels for 1 tons, I know these can be swiped from 1:32 big rigs, but most of the snap truck's wheels look too toylike. I'm also surprised the light truck guys haven't mentioned a diesel conversion. I'd like to see the Dodge Ram's Cummins, Ford's Powerstroke 7.3L, the non turbo 6.9L for early 80s Fords, the non turbo 7.3L like in my 1990 F350, and the Chevy 6.6L diesel for the 1990s trucks. A standard cab version of the 87-91 F Series cab for the Monogram/Revell F250/F350 kits would be nice, too.

Ford E 100 Van & Pickup

Volkswagen Type III's (Squareback, Notchback, Fastback) and not a pull off the very incorrect diecasts.

Plymouth Arrow

Somebody PLEASE finish the 3-4 year teaser Fairmont we have seen.

Rabbit Pickup

Ford Ranger (Mini) Extended Cab Conversion

Stock Bodied Chevy Luv

Edited by PlasticWagens

Some simpler parts ideas:

Tires that fit on the Revell tuner wheels - They give you three sets of wheels and only one set of tires in the kit. Revell won't just sell the tires separately.

Revell rat-rod tires or something similar. I already have enough 29 ford pickup kits with no tires sitting around.

Maybe some aftermarket VW wheels (EMPI, BRM, Rader, Gas Bruners, Fuchs, etc.). I've heard there are a couple casters working on this but haven't seen anything definate yet.

Other VW performance parts like Weber carbs, headers.

I second the VW type 3 idea. Probably a long shot but maybe a type 34? That would be nice.

Nick made one mention of something that I will agree with.

More tires. Good whitewalls especially would be welcomed. I've found those decals in the Revell kits just don't like me.

Say, does anyone know if any of the Modelhaus or S.E. Ltd. tires will fit the newer Revell wheels? I'm thinking of using those in place of some of the other options on my 4-4-2 and a couple of other kits.

Charlie Larkin

I do believe the wire wheels for the '35 Ford are the stumbling block for a conversion kit . IMHO . It was the last year for Henry to hang onto the old ways . The Hubcaps are different and not available . Sign me up for one of these if it comes to pass . Thanx .. :D:D

I would like to see more conversion parts to take many of the muscle cars to standard line cars, (GTX to stock Satellite - SS Chevelle to a stock Malibu) and so forth. Standard grilles flat hoods and bench seats. It would be a change of pace over the continuing flood of muscle car kits we've been seeing. I was glad to see Revell's 62 Impala HT over another Impala SS

The 1969 GTX to a Satellite suggestion is a good one.

Or, how about a 1/25 scale 1970 Cuda hardtop with 1/25 scale 'AAR" option.

There hasn`t been a 1970 Cuda in 1/25 scale since the old MPC kit.

True, Revell has a Cuda & AAR kits but they are in 1/24 scale and are older releases.

I`m assume there should be a market for a "new" 1/25 scale release of the Cuda & AAR cars.

Just a thought:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Hmmmmmmmmmm.. How about -

1) '59 Chevy 4 door wagon Preferably a Brookwood or a Nomad. With the Nomad ( Impala series in '59 ), you could use a ton of stuff from the Monogram '59 Impalas

I WANT ONE TOO.... 58 ALSO

2) '67 Fairlane convertible - make it a Fairlane 500 and a conversion to an XL, GT or GTA would be easy - just remove the body side moldings and add decals

3) '67 Ranchero with Fairlane 500 trim - again,, to convert to an XL, GT or GTA would mean removing the side trim

4) '65 Dodge Monaco

5) '66 Dodge Monaco - have you seen what those things sell for on Ebay?

6) 1973 thru 79 Ford F 150 Super Cab pickup

7) 1967 Ford F100 Pickup in 2 wheel and four wheel drive

8) '68 - 72 Ford F-150 2 wheel drive pickups and a conversion kit to build a 4x4

9) '75-78 Plymouth Gran Fury in 2 door and 4 door - many were used as police cruisers - also a Gran Fury wagon of that make and vintage

10) '75-78 Dodge Royal Monaco sedan, hardtop and wagon

11) 89 Style Ford Crown Victoria in police and civilian trim with the landau roof

12) 1973 - 80 Chevrolet and GMC Suburbans

R&R MAKES THE 82 SUBURBAN http://www.resinrealm.net/Star/RRGalleries/RR_All.html

13) 1964 - 66 Chevy or GMC Suburbans

AGAIN.... R&R http://www.resinrealm.net/Star/RRGalleries/RR_All.html

14) 1949-50 style Ford panel trucks

15) 1947 - 53 Chevy or GMC Suburbans and panel trucks

RMR MAKES THESE.... http://www.freewebs.com/rmrresin/nf125.htm

ALSO BANDIT RESINS http://www.banditresins.com/

16) 1940's - 50's style milk truck conversion for the Chevy and GMC and Ford kits that are available

RMR MAKES THESE....http://www.freewebs.com/rmrresin/nf125.htm

Parts

1) A really decent and proper Bud style wheels for a one ton truck

2) A nice Holmes style wrecker body for a one ton - ideally a twin boom with swing out booms.

3) Grille conversions for '67 - 72 Ford trucks to accomodate the never produced trucks themselves that I mentioned above

4) 1973-80 Chevrolet grille conversions

5) long wide box with tailgate for 1960-66 Chevy/GMC pickups

6) A decent school bus conversion - 1940's thru '60's style

How's that for starters? :D :D

A good 1954 conversion for the Chevy would be nice, I don't believe GMC changed until 1955. I've seen one 1954 Chevy cab on ebay but it wasn't a very good effort and the seller was asking way too much for it.

ask Ed Fluck Jr. at Drag City Casting to bring back his 54

IMG_4158.jpg

Edited by rollinoldskoo

Some simpler parts ideas:

Maybe some aftermarket VW wheels (EMPI, BRM, Rader, Gas Bruners, Fuchs, etc.). I've heard there are a couple casters working on this but haven't seen anything definate yet.

YES by all means......

86 Pontiac gran prix front bumper to fit the revell monte carlo ss

it takes a lot more than a front clip to convert the SS into a Grand Prix :rolleyes:

IMG_1469.jpg

YES by all means......

it takes a lot more than a front clip to convert the SS into a Grand Prix :lol:

IMG_1469.jpg

Very nice! How did you do that? And how are you approaching the interior, as that was totally different?

Next to the the Cutlass, the GPs are my favorite G-Body.

Hmmm....resin Cutlass. That'd be a good seller.

Charlie Larkin