Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW 1300 4 Door

Eero

The base kit for this build is Tamiya VW 1300 Beetle. For that 4 door conversion I had to shorten those front doors a bit. I tried to imagine as much accessories as possible. Some are like original VW parts and some not. I had also this idea, that this VW is coming from Lapland (Northern part ohf Finland), thats why those skis, suitcase and horns of reindeer. Almost all additional accessories and parts are scratch built. That Michelin man is made out of Milliput.

4dkupla01.jpg

4dkupla02.jpg

4dkupla03.jpg

4dkupla04.jpg

4dkupla05.jpg

4dkupla06.jpg

4dkupla07.jpg

4dkupla08.jpg

Congratulations Eero -You've really got the true "nordic" feeling in this extremely well built, and well equipped, Beetle! So nice to see such a model today, when we are right now waiting for the next snowstorm to arrive...

Pontus

Nyköping, Sweden

I never get tired of seeing this model! The body work is top notch, and the accessories really add to the car's "story."

That is some awesome work! Way cool! I am assuming this is a phantom? or was there ever such a beast?

In the early 50's, the German coachwork firm Rometsch(pronounced "RAH-metch") made taxis out of Beetles:

386130.jpg