Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bob Checchinis "Honda Chopper"

John Teresi

Hello.......this is a replica of Bob Checchinis Honda chopper......I started with a 1/12 scale Revell chopper kit and a Tamiya 1/12 scale Honda CB900 F2........I modified the engine to become a 1970 honda CB 750 with kick start.......scratch built body, seat, springer front end.......and alot of other stuff.......".Pro Tech " detailing wire, rubber fuel line, spark plug wires, braided line for the brake, clutch, and throttle cables......I used rub on letters and the American decal from the Polar Lights Chi-town Hustler kit and hand painted gold over the lettering........all graphics airbrushed........H.O.K. white, tangerine pearl, true blue pearl.........and Dupont Jarrret red.......if you would like to see how I made the build.......please look in the "Work Bench" section 1st or 2nd page under Bob Checchinis Honda chopper........thank`s

DSCF4162.jpg

DSCF4172.jpg

DSCF4168.jpg

DSCF4159.jpg

DSCF4158.jpg

DSCF4188.jpg

DSCF4204.jpg

DSCF4185.jpg

DSCF4208.jpg

DSCF4195.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Wow, it was very nice to see your "On The Workbench" topic. Lots of scratch building... This is just amazing and awesome model. Paintjob is very nice and I like that scratchbuilding a lot and detailing is super as always and those exhaust pipes are looking like 1:1!!! AMAZING job on this and keep these coming.

The finishes you achieve time and time again, are what make your builds so amazing, the sheen(esp on the chrome ) looks so authentic if I hadnt watched your buildup, I would be thinking this like so many others could be the 1:1. My biggest regret (in the hobby) is that I'll never get stateside to these materpieces of our hobby with my own eyes. Do I wish to build as good as you? in a way yes (I am improving I feel) but in another if I were to bee the "best" who could I aspire to be like? Anyways thank you for sharing not only your great work but your passion to do things right and for showing us how along the way.

Cheers Brett