Model Cars Magazine Forum

The ONE your looking for!!!;):D:lol:;)

That's right George! :lol:;)

On the serious side, though, but also does fit what George said, two of the hardest kits I used to have and that I've been hunting ever since I lost the originals in a house fire in 1997 have been a Lindberg (I think) 1979 Pontiac Trans AM Type K Sportwagon and a MPC (I think) 1974 Trans AM. I know they were made because I had both, but since then I have never seen them again.

It took me months, even a year or more, to get the following kits which are almost never available, at least in the US –

• Kit version of the 1/24 Bburago Bugatti Atlantic diecast

• Italeri tooling of the 1/16 Mercedes Gullwing – quite different from Entex/Minicraft, and generally superior

There are many rare kits that bring way too much for me, it would be nice to see many of them come back and since there bringing so much dont the model companies realize they would sell? Id like to see other mid to late 60s cars and trucks myself and give us the choice of building versions put the goodies back in them. Give us something for the money. My top choices would be...

67to70 Pontiac-Bonneville,Grand Prix.

66to70 Cadillac De Ville.

64to70 Chrysler-300,Fury,Cornet,Monaco.

66 Buick Skylark,GS.

61to63 Ford pickup.

64to69 Falcon.

It would be nice to build something other than a muscle car from time to time but thats just me? B)

Fisher,

Well said bro :lol:

For me, being a Pontiac guy, I would have to say the 1969 Grand Prix and 1970 Bonneville.

Being a budget modeler, I can't afford the high eBay prices for a pile of parts that used to be one of those cars. B)

But I built both of them when I was a kid, and I hope someday to get them again.

Unbuilt or built, I don't care ;)

Cheers, Ian

Fisher,

Well said bro :lol:

For me, being a Pontiac guy, I would have to say the 1969 Grand Prix and 1970 Bonneville.

Being a budget modeler, I can't afford the high eBay prices for a pile of parts that used to be one of those cars. :blink:

But I built both of them when I was a kid, and I hope someday to get them again.

Unbuilt or built, I don't care B)

Cheers, Ian

Ian, I am with you on that one!!! It almost seems to me that porices have been on the rise for the old stuff and sellers are starting their auctions higher than a year ago. One seller that I have bought from used to offer built up project and parts cars for $2.00 - now he's at $5.00 and up for the same items. I know - I know - the old stuff is becoming harder to find but I see people paying what I think to be crazy prices for some of this stuff. There's a few kits that I want to buy but I am NOT paying $75.00 to infinity for a built up or even an unbuilt one of what I want. By the time that you buy an old built up to restore for say - $75.00 - and then replate opr replace the chrome, buy the paint and add what ever you want to add - it gets pretty pricey. It's sort of going the way of the real 1:1 stuff - just getting stupid. B) Oh well - I guess that if you want to play - then you gotta pay. You guys that find these five dollar boxes full of treaures make me green...*sighs* Maybe I'm just cheap.. <_< Oh well - good for you - I am glad that someone is getting a good deal! :):):)

IMO, in order to even be considered rare, the kit must be:

1) issued only once

2) issued by an obscure or less popular manufacturer

3) issued in an uncommon scale (i.e. not 1/32, 1/25, nor 1/24)

and for U.S. builders:

4) a foreign sourced kit

I would submit the Fujimi 1/16 Ford Maverick kit, as well as the Frog 1/16 Ford Victor Estate wagon kits.

SIZZLER DRAGSTER KIT BY MONOGRAM IN THE SMALL FLAT BOX. 1968 MUSTANG BY FROG/AIRFIX(WAS A REBOXED AMT KIT). UNCERTAIN T, SAND CRAB DUNE BUGGY, RACERS WEDGE TRUCK MPC, ALL DRAG TEAM DOUBLE KITS BY AMT,1968 CORONET BY MPC,AND THE 67 CHEVY MPC FIRE BOX TRUCK AND 1967 CHEVT TOW TRUCK.(COOTERS TOW TRUCK)ANY RELEASE BY AMERICAN COMPANIES IN FOREIGN KIT MANUFACTUER BOXES.ALL OLD ELDON SHOW CARS FROM THE 60-70'S