Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Pontiac Firebird Convertible

juergen

Hello my friends !

After finishing the pickuo with the dio i can show you my next project. I will built now my own car you can see here:

3730613632633939.jpg

It cames out from this:

3264633431353561.jpg

3761643238343631.jpg

I have ordered a resin convertible body but it fits not very well so i cut the roof:

6365323165643639.jpg

This was the first steps and i hope i can show you more the next days.

greets juergen

Very interesting project you have there- it's not easy to build exactly same looking car that 1:1. It's hard to find correct parts for it. Anyways, your Pickup with diorama looks so good that this will be awesome also, when finished. Keep it going, I'll be watching it. :D

Well it's about time, Daddy-O! You KNOW I been waiting for this since you first showed me those pics, so long ago!. I gotta feeling THIS'LL be your BEST build yet. Just DON'T get TOO carried away with the details, like the brake fluid levels and stuff. Oh, ok, you CAN put an New Car Manual in the glovebox! It's gonna be ANOTHER killer off your bench!!!:lol::D:);)

Hi Guys !

Many thanks for your looking and your nice comments !!!

My next work on the firebirds are the wheels. i can´t find any fitting wheels so i must look in my partbox. There i can find other one, but they where much to wide.

The first i sanded the letters on the finding tires:

3132303466333632.jpg

and then i cut them:

3738636165646165.jpg

i cut of for the original wide from my original firebird and glue them togehter:

on the right side the original from the box ------------- in the middle the resin --------------- on the left side the finished resin tire i made with the cragars:

3833396537383137.jpg

greets juergen

That's a really cool car, Juergen. I'm working on this model now also. Do you have the Model Car Garage photoetch set? If not, I highly recommend it because it includes all kinds of crucial upgrades.

Have you checked the fit of the rear piece (whatever it is called, where the taillights go)? Mine was thicker at one end than the other. This was the case also in the one built up in Scale Auto where the poor fit is clearly visible in photos.

Anyway, keep us posted. This is a cool build of a cool car.

Hello my friends !

After finishing the pickuo with the dio i can show you my next project. I will built now my own car you can see here:

3730613632633939.jpg

It cames out from this:

3264633431353561.jpg

3761643238343631.jpg

I have ordered a resin convertible body but it fits not very well so i cut the roof:

6365323165643639.jpg

This was the first steps and i hope i can show you more the next days.

greets juergen

the real one looks great you should have no problems building a replica. Does that kit come with pontiac ralley rims? if you dont use them let me know i will buy or trade :)

Hello my friends !

Whow i´m happy to see your interesting in this built.

@george53: yes george my friend the cragars are really great and detailed.

@chillyb1: yes i get the photoetch set from modell car garage too. it looks so good and i hope i can do good work with it.

i had checked the rearend what you mean and i must do also a little bit passing work on it.

@montelsc: yes the kit comes with this rims, but i think the shipping from austria to usa for only this 4 rims would be a little bit expensive. i´m sure that you can find this rims in the usa from the great modellers here in the forum.

Here i can show you the first stance from the wheels and the model:

3163313765313633.jpg

3662333732613230.jpg

greets juergen

Hello my friends !

Whow i´m happy to see your interesting in this built.

@george53: yes george my friend the cragars are really great and detailed.

@chillyb1: yes i get the photoetch set from modell car garage too. it looks so good and i hope i can do good work with it.

i had checked the rearend what you mean and i must do also a little bit passing work on it.

@montelsc: yes the kit comes with this rims, but i think the shipping from austria to usa for only this 4 rims would be a little bit expensive. i´m sure that you can find this rims in the usa from the great modellers here in the forum.

Here i can show you the first stance from the wheels and the model:

3163313765313633.jpg

3662333732613230.jpg

greets juergen

I guess your right about the shipping those goodrich t/a,sand the cragars do look mint nice work :):)

• 3 weeks later...

Hy my friends !!!

The next step i can show you the first paitings:

3432613339383539.jpg

and here the red for the firebird

6635373936353138.jpg

after drying and sanding this color i shoot the clear coat next week.

the other parts got there look with alclad:

3130356562363536.jpg

i hope i can show you the next pictures this time.

greets juergen