Model Cars Magazine Forum

Quick update on my car. Got my coilovers a week ago. Box said it would lower it about 5,5 cm. When I installed them and put it on all fours again, it was more like a 12-14 cm drop.

This is how it was:

20150528_205815_zpswwmiljuj.jpg

And after installing the coilovers:

20150531_164436_zpsgleddsza.jpg

I'm driving on my old set of steelies at the moment since I still need to refurbish my alloys 15" wheels. I also bought a complete interior from the luxury edition of this model, which I can pick up tomorrow.

• 2 months later...

I almost got a 1989 Isuzu Imark RS with the 4xe1 dohc engine but it has no interior and it needs a hood, bumpers, fenders, And both rear quarter windows, engine and ggearbox mounts and alot more! the upside is it still has the original alloys as well as a rare irmscher grill and oh and its a sunroof optioned car! i got pics of it somewhere......

My 88 Jag XJ6 I have owned for several Years well maintained have all service records from first day of purchase in 1988  iam the the 3rd owner of car. 

Just had it Serviced all went well just bought 4 new paws (tires) for the Cat 50,000 mile touring radials tires now if i can just get another 50,000 miles out of her ?

She is a lot of fun to Drive I also belong to Jaguar Club ?

image.jpg

Mattias that is one clean looking w123,nice to see one whitout the chrome wheelarch rust collectors. Is it a diesel? 

Nope, 230E, 0,8 mm milled head and 276 degree Dbilas camshaft, shame that I missed a good deal on an AMG (or Brabus? don't remember) exhaust header last winter.......

My 88 Jag XJ6 I have owned for several Years well maintained have all service records from first day of purchase in 1988  iam the the 3rd owner of car. 

Just had it Serviced all went well just bought 4 new paws (tires) for the Cat 50,000 mile touring radials tires now if i can just get another 50,000 miles out of her ?

She is a lot of fun to Drive I also belong to Jaguar Club ?

image.jpg

I've read about a Jaguar club in Northern California called "Sons of Lucas," for obvious reasons. 

I've read about a Jaguar club in Northern California called "Sons of Lucas," for obvious reasons. 

Funny yea I heard all the jokes and comments about Lucas and Jags guy been around Jags for a long time no worry no offense ever taken 

Has I say A car is Just Another Car But a Jaguar is a Jaguar ?

Don aka XJ6 ? 

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/t31.0-8/11537631_833664706712595_3112723523440796845_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9 almost got a 1989 Isuzu Imark RS with the 4xe1 dohc engine but it has no interior and it needs a hood, bumpers, fenders, And both rear quarter windows, engine and ggearbox mounts and alot more! the upside is it still has the original alloys as well as a rare irmscher grill and oh and its a sunroof optioned car! i got pics of it somewhere......

oh it is $300 as is with motor and gearbox

Photo added

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have recently had a photo shoot done of both my VC Valiants..

photo%20shoot%20002_zpszyiu0nwl.jpg

photo%20shoot%20003_zpsrhsam8dq.jpg

photo%20shoot%20028_zpszbgdmnsz.jpg

Man oh Man!    I have always wanted a VC ute!  My first car here in the USA was a 1966 Valiant, which is the same body as your VC.  Once I saw that it had been done as a ute, I've needed one ever since.   Great cars!