Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, finally I am driving my 2013 Impala again. For the past three weeks, I've been driving my wife's Toyota Yaris, and a 2016 Chevy Cruze, and a Nissan Sentra. Three weeks ago my engine was running funny, so I took it to Christian Bros Auto, since it was close. They decided to clean my valves, but late in the day said my car had stopped when they finished and test drove it. They thought the battery was dead. It was a Friday and not much happened until Monday, when they called me and said they were pulling the engine out. I told them to stop immediately, and haul my car to the Chevy dealership. After a few days, Chevy told me the Christian Bros guys hydrolocked my engine, which tossed a valve down a cylinder.

After two weeks of fighting Christian Bros, they finally replaced the engine. I'll be taking the car to Chevy on Thursday to make sure they didn't jack anything else up. But I finally have my car back.

Ouch! 

If I get stuck with a real problem our family's two mechanics can't get fixed right, we have on GM dealer around here we can trust and we go to them. 

Great people, excellent service. Expensive, but when it needs to be done, it'll be done because they're that good.

Charlie Larkin

• 1 month later...

When my '94 Roadmaster Estate Wagon, which was a bit of a mess when I got it, finally started to become more of a project than I wanted to deal with, I decided to start poking around for a new B-body wagon.

Yes, I really like these. Comfortable, not bad on gas, and great on long trips. 

I found this Florida-originally, woodgrain-delete, towing package '95 with the Limited package and Concert Sound II in New Hampshire for $700.

The guy I got it from got it from his tenants in payment for back rent prior to their eviction. Car wasn't going in reverse- turned out to be a broken sun-shell. 

Unfortunately, the tenants cut out the cats to sell them for meth money. Fortunately, they didn't do any other damage except a couple of small, barely-noticeable dings.

Needs the spare tire pocket welded and a couple of other small repairs, but it's a nice-running, solid, good looking car. 

The cloth interior is suprisingly comfortable too versus the leather I've had in my other three RMWs.

Looking for a sedan now to keep her company. 

The pictures are at the transmission shop (Russell's Automotive, Manchester, N.H.- top-notch service.)

Charlie Larkin

Just had this delivered yesterday. :) 

2016 SRT Challenger Scat Pack in Plum Crazy. Forged wheels, sunroof, nav, tech group, appearance group, premium sound, appearance group. Had to go with the 8-speed because wifey can't drive a manual. So much fun. Taking it out to an autocross day in a couple of weeks In hindsight, I should have skipped the sunroof as my 6'6" frame is a little tight for headroom. Still, head's not rubbing so all is good.

WP_20160406_004.jpg

WP_20160406_002.jpg

WP_20160406_005.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I usually just drive my work truck around, so my personal vehicles all end up with VERY low mileage.

Had this for a few years. Fastest car I have owned.

This is still in the trailer. Have owned it for about 25 years.

A couple months ago I got really bored driving my 1.5 year old BMW X1. I only got it for the 4WD to get me up my driveway in the snow. Every time I was at the BMW/VW/Audi dealer I would stare at the new GTI's sitting there. So, on a day with some snow I took one for a drive ... up my driveway. It went right up and even had summer tires on! That was it ... I had 5 Porsches and two Infiniti G Coupes and miss having a driver car, so BYE-BYE BMW, the new non-drivers car.

I wanted 4wd but the Golf R is the only Golf with it and with only one per dealer, it's already spoken for. The GTI is SO good, though .. are you SURE this is front-wheel drive? I haven't felt any torque-steer since getting it. It has all the comfort doodads and feels SO good driving. Think this one will stay here awhile.

16%20GTI%20sml_DSC0223_zpsrvx3xhrc.jpg

16%20GTIsml%20_DSC0215_zpslhjtabmb.jpg

16%20GTI%20sma_DSC0212_zpsuonzatxa.jpg

Already have winter tires and wheels ...

winter%20tires_DSC0260_zps6rw4o3wl.jpg

Edited by Foxer

I wanted something different. It was the second one sold in Maryland (1st convertible). Funny thing is, I followed the other on the way home one evening and the guy lives in the same town as I do. I think it had a speed limiter set to 159mph. You know how i found out :) It spent so much time in the garage in between drives that I usually had to jump start it. I think I had it 3 years and sold it with 2500 miles on it.

• 1 month later...

Took this in trade on a '97 GMC Jimmy I'd bought to resale (this is to keep,not resale ;)),2002 Honda Shadow VLX600...

I've put around 350-400 miles on it since Saturday. I'd forgotten both why I keep my "M" endorsement,as well as how much I love to ride (it's been about 10 years since I owned one that didn't have knobby tires) :)

New ride for me.

Bild

I decided to sell my 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe that I have had for allmost 12 years and buy this one instead.
So now I'm the owner of a 1963½ Ford Galaxie 500 XL Z-code 390 300 hp with automatic transmisson, color is Chesnut and the interior are the same, I'm going to change the wheels and I'll show what they are when I get them.
The car was imported to Sweden i February and came from Downey, CA where it was sold new.

My poor old car is a '95 Cougar XR7, which is down for repairs right now. Though it looked really great when I got in in '99, it's gone downhill a lot since then. Clear coat was almost entirely buffed off by an overzealous but well meaning friend, leaving the paint looking horrible, as is fairly typically seen on '95 Cougars and Thunderbirds. I've been terribly guilty of not doing routine maintenance/repairs myself, so car is in pretty sad shape right now. My hope is to get all the work finished by wintertime, passing inspection, and getting it licensed so I can start driving it again.

Our family car is a 2014 Kia Optima EX, 15,600 miles on it

My daily car ( in the summer) is a Limited Edition 2005 Ford Thunderbird, #1322/1500, 54,000 miles onit.

Winter truck is a 2009 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4, 48,800 miles on it.

Well take a ride with me and see for yourself!!

I had to take the link down, too many rude comments, most were of the personal nature, and I'm just not in the mood. 

Robert

Edited by Vintage Stock

Had my Jeep running for the first time since August, actually started with hardly any issues, that weren't my own fault..........used to my 200 being willing to start if you bump the key over once and having the computer take over.  At least it got the oil flowing through the engine before running it. Best part is, only thing that was topped off was the leaky radiator, still had the same gas (E10 87 octane, over a year old), same oil (you don't want to know, but at least it's a 4.0l), same plugs, wires, cap, and rotor even!  I did pull the filter to clean it, as that had been years since the last time that happened:blink:

Unfortunately, while it finaly also has the new brakes on the back, as soon as Dad pushed on the brake pedal, the hard line running to the rear axle failed due to old age and excess rust.  Amazingly, the fuel lines appeared to be fine, must be stainless, therefore E15 safe!