Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slant Six Slingshot

mr moto

This is my take on a late 60's D/Dragster - the kind that a low budget operation would run. I started with the AMT Hippie Hemi kit to get the chassis but there isn't much that wasn't modified or scratchbuilt. I'm not sure that it was a good choice of chassis because I had to carefully jig it and add extra braces to get it to build straight. Oh well, it looks cool!

Body panels were made from .01" styrene, seat is from scratch, the steering is basically a scratchbuilt repro of the kit linkage - it was easier to duplicate it than to clean up the mold seams, etc. Engine comes from Lindberg's '64 Dodge with scratchbuilt intake and exhaust systems and six cylinder magneto.

It got damaged so often while I was working on it that I decided to attach it to a base so I wouldn't have to handle it any more.

IMGP4786.jpg

IMGP4787.jpg

IMGP4806.jpg

IMGP4796.jpg

IMGP4794.jpg

IMGP4789.jpg

IMGP4800.jpg

Love it....Gotta ask though...where did you get the Webber looking carbs from? I've been looking for some for awhile now. Thanks and great job!

One of the guys in the club had a Lamboghini kit (Fujimi?) with a set of sidedraft Webers so I borrowed his carbs and cast them in resin. Replicas and Miniatures of maryland sells sidedraft and downdraft Webers, too.

Thanks for all the good words, everybody!!!