Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your geegaws!

4 hours ago, Mike C. said:

I got the stovetop in mine but itsnex to the sink.  I only got the top partof the hood. That pile of logs still has me baffled unless there was a camping version as well. 

Might be intended as propane fire 🔥 place but wood or gas is not good in a van..

On 12/13/2021 at 7:15 PM, Casey said:

Perhaps this was mentioned earlier, but there is a three-piece barricade and a fire hydrant in the original issue Gangbusters MPC '32 Chevrolet Cabriolet/Panel Truck:

That funny-looking thing beside the hydrant is a mail bag, with "US MAIL" stamped in it, no less.  Also in your pic, the machine gun and its tripod. The figures in the kit are a uniformed cop and a gangster.  (Or innocent bystander.)  I found that kit, complete with just a little assembly, at a local flea market for a VERY good price.  Here's the geegaws and figures sprue:

32 chev-3.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a fun thread; so much stuff that I never knew existed! Thanks (or curses?!) to Casey for showing those old instruction sheets from the '62 Impala convertible and the '63 T-bird. Both of those ( especially the T-bird ) are treasure troves of custom parts, and now I want one of each. Dang it, I think my wallet just had a mild stroke.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2012 at 11:03 PM, Ramfins59 said:

The '50 Ford Convertable customizing kits also came with a couple of cinder blocks.

The AMT '34 Ford pickup has two (maybe four?) CMU/concrete masonry units/concrete blocks, too, as well as an engine stand, tool box, and more:

AMT34FordPUGG.jpg.edea05293e32eee1bcba5dc61e710284.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

When did the tire rack disappear? Or is it still there and i just never noticed it?

image.png.3bf8a29b11c291c9bb932a2e27705421.png

It's still present, at least according to the instruction sheet from the 2018 reissue:

On 2/12/2022 at 2:14 PM, keyser said:

34 PU out in Sunoco livery now iirc?

Any day now...