Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Order Question

is anyone else having problems with orders placed from modelhaus? i ordered something on 5/30/12 and havnt received it or any notification about it since the initial order conformation. ive ordered from them many times before and never had a problem.

is anyone else having problems with orders placed from modelhaus? i ordered something on 5/30/12 and havnt received it or any notification about it since the initial order conformation. ive ordered from them many times before and never had a problem.

Well, they normally take 4-6 weeks....I ordered from them on 5/25 and haven't received it yet but I'm not worried..maybe email them if you are concerned.

Edited by Rob Hall

I wouldn't worry at all Matt. Modelhaus ALWAYS delivers. I just bought some bumpers from him and they only took a little over four weeks. I've had one that took six,but it was a pretty good sized order.

I ordered some stuff from them not long ago and got what i ordered in about 5 or 6 weeks. If you used C.C. or bank card check your statement I think he doesn't charge it to them until he ships items. He's been around for a long time and thats hard to do in the modeling aftermarket.

As others have said, don't worry about the order, it will get there! My first order years ago was explained by Carol like this: " We fill orders in the order in which they are received". This means that even though the parts you are ordering might be in stock, you will wait until they get to your order, ensuring previously placed orders are not overlooked.

I always allow the 4-6 weeks they advise when placing an order so I have something to look forward to when going to the mailbox.

They have probably been pretty busy if they have been to many shows recently as that tends to spike interest in the product- both through having stuff on hand at the show and the resulting orders from attendees.

Edited by mikemodeler

Ditto what everyone else said. I had the same thing a while ago as I didn't notice the 4 to 6 week delivery caveat. So I had emailed him. He replied back and one thing he said was that he casts to order. So that led me to believe he doesn't keep a big inventory of all the items in his catalog but rather casts items only as they are ordered. And of course if that is true and the part is chromed, then the part has to get the chrome done also!

The times I did buy from Modelhause, it was at a show. Every item I've bought from them has been top shelf quality.

But I prefer to put my hands on something made via the aftermkt if at all possibile. If the reputation is good ( Holthause is one of them ) . I will make exceptions to this,,,,within limits .

I've bought several resin items from Missing link and have each and every piece in my hand under a week ( usually 2 or 3 days) they are also in that 'no worries 'catagory .

I ordered a body from Competition Resin a few months ago, day of order to day of delivery was about 2 1/2 weeks. Same deal, no worries.

Recently received a Flintstone body and had I seen it in person first I would not have bought it.

I sell parts for vintage muscle car restoration supplies/parts. and if I took nearly 2 months to complete said sale. I would get burned at the stake.

Edited by gtx6970

i know they are a reputable company and like i said ive always been happy with their products and services. i just dont remember it taking this long before. im sure it will get here soon.

I don't mean to scold, but stating in your title that there's a "problem" when there really isn't is doing a disservice to both fellow MCM members and The Modelhaus. A little more patience is all that is required, or better yet, call them and ask how much longer until your order arrives. Go directly to the source and get an answer. I don't believe I have EVER read any comment on this forum stating The Modelhaus does not return e-mails, phone calls, etc. They are about as close to a rock-solid, 100% guarantee anyone will find in the resin aftermarket, and as stated, they can take up to six weeks to fill your order.

I know we all tend to fall into the "instant satisfaction" trap, but this is definitely a case where patience is required. That patience will be rewarded when you receive top quality products.

I have known and delt with Don & Carol since the begainning . The dark days of model car parts and pieces were first cast . Pinholes were derigor . Modelhaus was one of the first to conquer this . They do fill orders in order of date recieved . There is no favoritism or missed/overlooked orders . When you use Plastic , a $1.00 cahrge is done to the account immediatly . The rest is charged when the order is ready to ship . If you think there might be a problem , EMail them . Great people , I consider them friends . The kind I would not borrow money from ..lol .. The kind I could strrike up a conversation with anytime I saw them .. Thanx ..

Does it say anywhere on their website what forms of payment they accept?

Tom,

Their catalog states that they accept Visa, Mastercard, Check or Money order. When I have ordered in the past, they did not charge the credit card until Carol was ready to ship my order.

Hope this helps!

Wow. It's certainly not often in business that one encounters such a loyal and satisfied group of customers as have replied here. I've been getting around to making my first order from Modelhaus, and thanks to this response, it will go out this week. Probably. I'm ALWAYS late.

I've placed numerous orders with The Modelhaus over the years and they have always shipped a quality product within their stated time frame.

This kind of dependable service is important when you live worlds away.

There are a few aftermarket vendors whom built their businesses on reputation. Aside from Don & Carol Holthaus, Norm Veber from Replicas & Miniatures is another vendor you never have to worry about. On the outside chance there is a delay, your phone will ring or you'll receive an e-mail.

There are a few aftermarket vendors whom built their businesses on reputation. Aside from Don & Carol Holthaus, Norm Veber from Replicas & Miniatures is another vendor you never have to worry about. On the outside chance there is a delay, your phone will ring or you'll receive an e-mail.

X2 for Replicas and Miniatures as well

The Holthauses, Norm Veber and Kevin, Jeff and Kris at D.R.A.G. are my go-tos, as well as Steve Kohler and Jerry K. at Start Models/Resin Realm.

They're great people, treat their customers right and will NOT rip you.

No worrying needed. If there were a problem, you'd know about it immediately.

Charlie Larkin