Model Cars Magazine Forum

Citroen 2cv "For Your Eyes Only"

Volvoman

This is the Tamiya Citroen 2cv that I built to replicate the one that was used in the James Bond film "For Your Eyes Only".

The car was painted in Tamiya yellow spray and weathered down using Tamiya weathering pastels. Before all this, the car was suitably distressed using a hot spoon to melt and distort the plastic to replicate the damage that was seen on the real car in the film. Thankfully , I had the film on DVD so I was able to pause the film to get the detail that I wanted such as the pattern of the bullet holes on the rear deck and the damage of the plastic grille on the bonnet.The one rear light was scratchbuilt and the fold back canvas roof was made from a bit of scrap cloth and painted to suit. The rear window was removed and matt varnish was painted inside the rear of the car and granulated sugar was sprinkled inside to give the impression of broken glass. All I had to make then was a set of license plates and mount the car on a simple base and it was finished.I was fortunate enough to win a first in a miscelaneous class at its first outing so please enjoy and any comments are welcome. Thanks for looking.

2011-09-09202210.jpg

2011-09-09202337.jpg

2011-09-09202308.jpg

2011-09-09202247.jpg

2011-09-09202227.jpg