Model Cars Magazine Forum

34 Ford Rods ?

Rick Schmidt

My thirty-ish truck, single rod support for the rad housing, it however negates any thought of blower, stacks etc. You could do the dual rod support either side for more stability than just having base mounts.

By the way, Greg, that one one pretty red car.

tractorand40ford006.jpg

tractorand40ford004.jpg

Great selection so far. The '34 is such a classic design that it makes a tremendous canvas for a wide variety of ,build styles. It's especially impressive what has been done with the lowly Revell Snap Fast kit.

This particular build is one of my all-time favorites and I never tire of seeing it:

P1010014.jpg

There's also a great Australian ,hot rod and custom modeler named Bryce Michelmore. Bryce doesn't frequent the MCM board but he builds a mean '34. Here are some examples of his work (the first 2 are Revell snap kits) - hopefully he won't mind my presuming to share them with you all:

img_2029.jpg

343WHiboy04-vi.jpg

IMG_7573.jpg

IMG_7662.jpg

Edited by Bernard Kron

This one's a little out there.

Grain of salt- this is the 'shrunken' '34 body, taken from that awful Revell 'Saints' street rod kit. Remember the underscale '34 body proportioned to fit the Buttera T chassis? Yeah, that one...

I used the grille from a Revell Kurtis Midget, but it might look a bit puny with the larger, closer-to-correct-in-size AMT body.

poop003-vi.jpg

poop005-vi.jpg

poop006-vi.jpg

Thanks Scott, it was a lot of fun to build. More pics in my Photobucket.

This one's a little out there.

Grain of salt- this is the 'shrunken' '34 body, taken from that awful Revell 'Saints' street rod kit. Remember the underscale '34 body proportioned to fit the Buttera T chassis? Yeah, that one...

I have this kit too. So I'm guessing this one won't fit on a Revell deuce chassis then?

Edited by Jantrix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...