Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I went to the Kalamazoo toy show today and picked up these kits. The Matador was sealed from 1976 to today when I opened it. Of course now that I bought one, AMT will reissue them.

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

Didn't they turn that into a race car?

Mark B will know for sure, but I'm thinking that it will take a lot of funds to turn it back into a factory stock vehicle.

Here is what I took home from Model Empire's sale today

That's it Ben!?! Kidding. Good thing I didn't go. I would have spent over $100 easily and filled a couple bags. I still have untouched stuff from last years sale. However, like Charlie, I also took advantage of the Scale Finishes Thanksgiving Weekend Sale. Heck, saving $3.50 a bottle works for me, and "always free shipping", AND got almost all the colors I wanted...even one I wasn't looking for. All for future Plymouth, Dodge, and a Buick projects.

Plymouth- J5 Sublime Green

K2 Vitamin C

Y1 Lemon Twist

Dodge- B5 Bright Blue

C7 Plum Crazy Purple

HEMI Orange...for engines of course.

Buick- Q Saturn Yellow

Yes, those old Chevys are cool but are getting pricy! You did well at $101. I see them going for more for glue bombs on occasion. I have two of them, both with glue messes on the doors where the kid who owned them tried to glue on the big trailer mirrors. Whata mess!

My collection of big Chevys is complete except I need a '72. I've been watching those for a while and they are going for more than the '73s!

Those '72's are not cheap at all.

Here's the one I have.2008_09051960Corvair20001.jpg

It's a little ratty, but since this picture was taken, I have a better chassis and drivetrain for it. All it needs is a front seat (Modelhaus), and it has been cleaned up for fit. I may install a set of skirts, like I did on this '712008_09201960Corvair20041.jpg which was in far worse shape. I am leaning towards Light Green Metallic with a Dark Green Vinyl Roof and Interior.

The '72 Impala promos also tend to have warped roofs. I have a brown one w/ slight warp. My '72 Impala kit is in built but unpainted form, will probably take it apart and paint it eventually. The '72 is the only year of the MPC '71-76 Chevy B-bodies that I don't have at least 2 kits of.

As far as the thread, working from home today and the mailman just came..got a Modelhaus '67 Thunderbird 4dr Landau, some Modelhaus dog dish hubcaps and redline tires, and some Scenes Unlimited Chevy and Mopar steel wheels (great stuff as usual from both vendors).

All it needs is a front seat (Modelhaus),

Wow! Modelhaus has added that to their line since I last looked. Unfortunately I need the entire interior bucket too and they don't have that in the on-line catalog. I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

As far as my '72, I have a resin body that needs work (given to me) and I could steal the entire chassis etc from my spare '73 with the bad body. The hood and dashboard are the same as the 1973 kit, so I have those. I can get the bumpers and red clear tail lights, as well as the front seat from Modelhaus, so the only thing I don't have is the interior bucket. And that would have to be different than the '73. Some guys would just swap it in, but we're purists here!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Picked up this 1969 Buick Wildcat off of eBay last week, got it today in the mail

003_zps735b524d.jpg

004_zps35f561f0.jpg

10 minutes after that picture was taken the body/parts were in the stripper pond, looks like they used Testors spray paint with no primer so I expect it to clean up well.

My Gramma had a brand new 1969 Wildcat just like this, hers was metallic brown with a tan interior and vinyl roof. 430 4 bbl.

She had that car from 1969-74 when she got a new 1974 Buick LeSabre

I remember that car like it was yesterday and want to build an exact replica of it.

Edited by von Zipper

Man, I wish so much that I can get the Testors and Model Master paints and spray paints here in germany... I love the nice paint shades, as example the different engine colors. But every online shop where I find them cannot ship to germany. :(

tracking says they'll be here Monday from VCG resins, I highly recommend Manny, great guy to work with. ordered these two and a lot of other misc parts.

new572blower_zps47cd6830.jpg

[url=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/dragfreak1/media/588_zps450d539b.jpg.

I saw his work in Fulton, NY two Sunday's ago. Very nice work. I kick myself for not picking anything up.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...