Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

My biggest issue, honestly, is that in order to download music I have to buy iTunes credits. With a regular android I just download the right app and BAM, free music. :lol:

Not free but for $10 a month spotify gives you unlimited music,complete albums,obscure songs/bands. My family all use it now instead of buying 7 or 8 tracks we have it all. I have 900 songs in my spotify playlist. Also have a couple thousand in iTunes from over the years.

We have 6 iPhones, 2 Mac books,2 iPads and there are 3 more iPads for under the tree this year. Have 7 old iPods as well. We are a apple family. Sometimes I hate apple as well though but the are the best of the two evils I guess. And Apple TV,jeez apple is bleeding me dry.

Not free but for $10 a month spotify gives you unlimited music,complete albums,obscure songs/bands. My family all use it now instead of buying 7 or 8 tracks we have it all. I have 900 songs in my spotify playlist. Also have a couple thousand in iTunes from over the years.

We have 6 iPhones, 2 Mac books,2 iPads and there are 3 more iPads for under the tree this year. Have 7 old iPods as well. We are a apple family. Sometimes I hate apple as well though but the are the best of the two evils I guess. And Apple TV,jeez apple is bleeding me dry.

:blink: I'm so jealous. Can I be part of your family? lol

i was going to take the stock SEC LOs then put a barrel on them its good enough for stock, my SECs wheels will be a full custom made set, dont see many of these built so i probbly wont be casting the wheels.

Aha i see. I just realized now that the picture are of wheels for 1:1 cars. They look great on w107,123 and w126.

Aha i see. I just realized now that the picture are of wheels for 1:1 cars. They look great on w107,123 and w126.

Those are nice wheels.....my old W126 ('84 500SEL) has the stock 14 inch wheels, albeit chromed (parked in my back carport, hasn't been driven in 4 years, but still starts.

mercslc1-vi.jpg

I've had a great week for getting model bits, must be Christmas time. :)

First up I managed to score a heap of unbuilt and a few partially started kits.(Plus a huge box of spares) of a guy that has gotten out of the hobby.

These included 8 car kits, a Harley bike and a big scale TBird.

cc_zps6577dbca.jpg

Than I got a call off a mate that use to build years ago that has also retired so I bought the rest of his collection of him. :)

15 cars, a garage and another big box of spares!!!

cc1_zpsaf67d5ae.jpg

Those are nice wheels.....my old W126 ('84 500SEL) has the stock 14 inch wheels, albeit chromed (parked in my back carport, hasn't been driven in 4 years, but still starts.

mercslc1-vi.jpg

Long wheelbase too,nice. I notice you are in Arizona,no rust then? The series 1 lwb are getting quite rare in good condition. Any plan on letting it go?

Long wheelbase too,nice. I notice you are in Arizona,no rust then? The series 1 lwb are getting quite rare in good condition. Any plan on letting it go?

No rust, but over 200k miles...lots of problems..basically a 5000lb paperweight. Eventually it will go when I move.

The kind of car people would kill to get here in the rust belt. You can fix nearly anything, but rust is for keeps!

Yeah...it's my sister's old money pit...I drove it for a couple years when I first moved out here...she has a clean '91 300CE also. The problem with those cars is repairs seemed to usually run $2500-4000. I've sworn off dealing with old cars, too many headaches.

Edited by Rob Hall

so is there a aa meetins for modlers

Reminds me of an incident many years ago. I mark off my model club meetings on my calendar. When I get a new one at the beginning of the year, I just go through the whole thing and mark off the 2nd Saturday and 3rd Friday, pretty much just "MTG" since I know what it means. The Tri-State club is the Saturday and the Jersey Shore club is the Friday evening. I had the calendar up on my office wall and one day a guy looked at it and remarked, "You only go to two meetings a month?" He then told me how often he went to AA meetings. I just let it go by. A tense moment for sure.

Yeah...it's my sister's old money pit...I drove it for a couple years when I first moved out here...she has a clean '91 300CE also. The problem with those cars is repairs seemed to usually run $2500-4000. I've sworn off dealing with old cars, too many headaches.

These cars are expensive to keep and expensive to repair....and yet she bought another Mercedes?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...