Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Something that caught my eye on eBay, and I guess since it was Palm Sunday, the first day of fishing season in many places, and the first genuinely nice day most of the East Coast has had in 6 months or so no one was around to bid on it...except me - stuck at work. So snagged for the opening bid...1986 issuing, everything sealed up inside.

13913275485_02902862b7_b.jpgIMG_20140417_132507_857 by niteowl7710, on Flickr

Nice find. I always liked those.

Charlie Larkin

Something that caught my eye on eBay, and I guess since it was Palm Sunday, the first day of fishing season in many places, and the first genuinely nice day most of the East Coast has had in 6 months or so no one was around to bid on it...except me - stuck at work.

I always woke up early, so I made a tradition of hitting eBay at 6am on Christmas morning. I figured anyone dumb enough to set their auctions to end then, deserved to be sniped! :lol:

NNL East's sub-theme this year is wagons....

Cool! I love wagons!

Then I went to look at all the wagons I have to build or rebuild....not happening. And, dangit, I want something on the table.

While poking around at Spare Time Shop yesterday trying to find an answer to my problem, I found it!

DSCF1295_zpse123a7f5.jpg

Some people call it a wagon, some don't. I say it's about the same size and cargo space as our Aries was and front-wheel-drive. Close enough for me, and hopefully the show supervisors (Tom?)

The parts count is absurdly low- about 25, and it's a nice, easy snapper that'll look good detail-painted and on the table. Deciding on color now- I may go with some sort of red to minimize problems with the red plastic to avoid a long prep process- I'm seriously toying with mixing some ModelMaster pearl clear-coat and transparent red to simulate the Inferno Red Tinted Clearcoat, as the shade of red the body is molded in is pretty close.

Charlie Larkin

Close enough for me, and hopefully the show supervisors (Tom?)

Charlie, we're an NNL and it's all about fun, so we're not going to be category gestapo! If you think it's a wagon, it's a wagon! Actually I think it's a wagon too. In fact I've been looking around for a low mile beauty at a price I can't refuse to replace our aging Breeze.

32 of the Revell Ferrari 458 Italia kit. Didn't actually take delivery, but paid for them. They are supposed to arrive next weekend, however, I will be in heaven at the Wayne PAL. Can't wait to be on the road this coming Friday.

This will be the kit that I will do with my grade 5 class, starting near the end of May / beginning of June. Last year's '32 Ford 3-window coupe was a huge success!

32 of the Revell Ferrari 458 Italia kit. Didn't actually take delivery, but paid for them. They are supposed to arrive next weekend, however, I will be in heaven at the Wayne PAL. Can't wait to be on the road this coming Friday.

This will be the kit that I will do with my grade 5 class, starting near the end of May / beginning of June. Last year's '32 Ford 3-window coupe was a huge success!

Bill, I think it's great you're doing that with your kids.

In this country- and I speak as a teacher, I can just hear the whining, teeth gnashing, and complaining from the parents and some of the kids. Knives, paint and all that horrible, horrible stuff.

Yeah, the stuff I was playing with when I was 10 and even before then.

Charlie Larkin

SAL Donkey from HLJ arrived today with mostly a bunch of stale old replacement kits. I ordered the LaFerrari back when it came out and right after I got it someone offered me about twice what I paid for it - SOLD! The Veneno is a "replacement" for the curbside kit that I also sold for a healthy profit once I heard about this version which has a 19 piece engine inside the box. Then some detail toys for a Tamiya Ferrari FXX I've had for awhile. So many Super cars so little time...more on the slow boat from Japan as we speak...I see a trend in my Summer.

13934287096_a9e10f2d6c_c.jpgDSC01563 by niteowl7710, on Flickr

Today i got a 72 Ford Torino snap kit build up from a great friend and trader...now to find more of them.

Nice score!

I hate you. I wanted that so much. I think you PM'ed him about 20 minutes before I did. I've been looking for one to build a model of my high school buddy's car.

Later-

SAL Donkey from HLJ arrived today with mostly a bunch of stale old replacement kits. I ordered the LaFerrari back when it came out and right after I got it someone offered me about twice what I paid for it - SOLD! The Veneno is a "replacement" for the curbside kit that I also sold for a healthy profit once I heard about this version which has a 19 piece engine inside the box. Then some detail toys for a Tamiya Ferrari FXX I've had for awhile. So many Super cars so little time...more on the slow boat from Japan as we speak...I see a trend in my Summer.

13934287096_a9e10f2d6c_c.jpgDSC01563 by niteowl7710, on Flickr

I didn't purchase the Veneno because I was under the impression the kit was full curbside? This new version you say has an engine? Is it worth buying now? What is your opinion of the kit on a whole??

Cheers & thanks, Cliff

Nice score!

I hate you. I wanted that so much. I think you PM'ed him about 20 minutes before I did. I've been looking for one to build a model of my high school buddy's car.

Later-

Sorry Tom... I been after one of the snap kits of this and other Johan snaps for years...hope you do find you one...I was hoping for a blue one but yellow will do...just happy to have one. Now if i could just find the 74 AMX one. If i run across another will shoot you a PM.

I too wish someone would get the Johans back out in the market...Id be one very happy camper.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...