Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

That fellow member was me. I got the Revell Peterbilt 359, Thanks Aaron! If I missed putting anything in the box LMK & I'll take care of you.

Everything is there like it should be! Already started stripping the paint coming off really good.

I got this from Dave Reese this week. This car has a special memory for me ( see this thread http://www.modelcars...99 ) so when it became available I had to have it. It cost a pretty penny, but when Dave told me that Rick Williamson, the son of owner/driver Don Williamson mastered the casting, I knew I had a slice of history and the load I dropped on it made it all worthwhile!

GrHqFqcE88ftRRkBPl1hQfm2Q60_57-vi.jpg?1336335878

KGrHqVrkE88hCyYDBPl1hvge60_57-vi.jpg?1336335886

I doubt if that is a D3. As far as i know, a D3 is a Catepillar model. What is there is an Allis Chalmers. I worked for Fiat-Allis in the '80s.

joe.

Yes, it is an Allis-Chalmers. On the box they also refer to it as an HD3 and a D3. Maybe that's just a reference to size. We had a D2 and a Ford on our ranch in Norcal, and my brother recently bought one this size...a "D3"...but I'm not sure if it's CAT or something else. I have been fascinated by the D8's and other big dozers since I was a little kid...just like the big steam locomotives. There's just something about big steel that's breathtaking.

Got my replacement interior tub/underbody piece from Revell for my '49 Mercury. The one that came in the box was warped pretty bad. The back end drooped and there was a bad twist in the front, because the box was packaged so tight. Now I'm just waiting for my Donn Yost videos. With gas prices so bad now a days...I have something else to show. My new gas sipping puddle jumper. Up to 132mpg. Just enough room under the seat for 2-3 models.IMG_3303.jpgIMG_3304.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman

New set of tail lights for my 70's Boss thanks to Revell and a new to me kit picked up a Monogram Jeep CJ-7 Off-Road for $14 at an antiques mall of all places! The date on the box and instructions says 1978, it was an open kit but they let me make sure all the parts were there before I bought it.

2012-05-07205523.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...