Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On my lunch break, I went over to Rite-Aid. Got that 1/24 scale Welly Fiat 500 I've been looking at for a while.

Can you use rubber tires as mold masters? I'd like to cast these tires for dragsters, hot rods, and whatnot. They've got a really nice texture to em.

Miles is that a diecast??

Got these 2 over the last week or so (and had mentioned them in another post,but hadn't shot pics yet)...

7_1.jpg

8_1.jpg

...and picked this up today at a big discount (unfortunately,an old friend/store is going out of business :( ). I owned one similar to this (was an '84 model) in the mid 90's,never had seen a kit of it,LOL,so I HAD to buy it :P

9.jpg

My wife & daughter thought it would be a nice fathers day gift to take me up to Minneapolis to the Minnesota Street Rod Association "Back to the 50s" car show. A huge show with thousands of pre-1965 cars on display.

They also tried to convince me to enter some of my builds in a model car contest that they have there every year.

Well, I wasn't real excited about hauling my precious models 100 miles in the car & then humping them another mile on foot, but they finally convinced me to take a few along.

Long story short, I wound up winning best in class for the stock class. Not a huge contest or vast competition, but kind of a big deal for me none the less, as I have never entered a contest before or won any awards, ever.

A little silly really, but still kind of cool.

Steve

DSCN4255_zpsxzezffxd.jpg

My wife & daughter thought it would be a nice fathers day gift to take me up to Minneapolis to the Minnesota Street Rod Association "Back to the 50s" car show. A huge show with thousands of pre-1965 cars on display.

They also tried to convince me to enter some of my builds in a model car contest that they have there every year.

Well, I wasn't real excited about hauling my precious models 100 miles in the car & then humping them another mile on foot, but they finally convinced me to take a few along.

Long story short, I wound up winning best in class for the stock class. Not a huge contest or vast competition, but kind of a big deal for me none the less, as I have never entered a contest before or won any awards, ever.

Steve

DSCN4255_zpsxzezffxd.jpg

Fantastic!!! Congrats!!!!

Steven like I told you before you should attend with some of your models the NNL North held in Bloomington each year..There are top ten awards for the whole show and about four specialty awards..You don't compete in classes...The models are judged by vote of your peers..Great fun with many vendors,draws and good talk with other modelers..Its usually the third Sunday of May..(Canada's long weekend) You can look up Fotki sites of dino246gt (Dennis Ezmerlain) or 1802 Fotki site(Rod Maskiw) they are winners most years and have the show on their sites if you can get them..It would be great to meet you and see your stuff in person..

Steven like I told you before you should attend with some of your models the NNL North held in Bloomington each year..There are top ten awards for the whole show and about four specialty awards..You don't compete in classes...The models are judged by vote of your peers..Great fun with many vendors,draws and good talk with other modelers..Its usually the third Sunday of May..(Canada's long weekend) You can look up Fotki sites of dino246gt (Dennis Ezmerlain) or 1802 Fotki site(Rod Maskiw) they are winners most years and have the show on their sites if you can get them..It would be great to meet you and see your stuff in person..

Thanks Wayne!

Yeah, the guys at this show gave me all the info for the NNL show & another one sometime in October.

This one just happened on a sort of whim, but we'll see what the future brings.

Steve

Too bad I had to work yesterday, and did not get to go to Back to the Fifties. It would have been fun to one of your models in the flesh, Steve. And Wayne is right. You should attend the NNL North sometime. It would be fun and interesting to your fantastic models. So please do show next year.

Scott

Steve

Congrats Steve! I try to go to all the shows I can within my region, not to compete, but to see people I know, meet people I know from the boards, buy a few things from the vendors and have lunch with good people. I really like lunch!

I bring models, but mostly just to share my work. We all like to see the models we watched get built on the boards in person! And every so often I win an award. Not my goal, but fun just the same!

Too bad I had to work yesterday, and did not get to go to Back to the Fifties. It would have been fun to one of your models in the flesh, Steve. And Wayne is right. You should attend the NNL North sometime. It would be fun and interesting to your fantastic models. So please do show next year.

Scott

I told my wife that there was always the possibility that I might bump into other forum members there, as there are a few of us in Minnesota, but I didn't think it likely.

I guess there's always the possibility that I might attend future shows, but I won't know that until the time comes.

All depends on what's going on at the time. But, I'll leave the window open.

Steve

Yep, it's this one:

$T2eC16J,!)UE9s3wBnOMBSG4Sgf4sw~~60_35.J

Wow! Looks like someone bribed the Taxi and Limousine Commission. I cannot think of a car less likely to be a New York City Cab!

fiats-vi.jpg

More Fiats... Gunze kits. Mine is red, my friend Tim's is white.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Wow! Looks like someone bribed the Taxi and Limousine Commission. I cannot think of a car less likely to be a New York City Cab!

fiats-vi.jpg

More Fiats... Gunze kits. Mine is red, my friend Tim's is white.

Very nice Tom,I love the Gunze kit so much. I'd love to have another one to build. (Please mind the terrible image quality)

fiat500-vi.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...