Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I actually got this model a while back, but just recently have begun to clean it up & find some missing pieces to complete it.

It came from a friend of mine. Her dad passed away a few years ago & I ended up with with his model parts & collection.

Not sure what model company made this kit. Kinda wondering what kit the interior parts came from & also what the chassis is from. I know the Chevy engine & rear differential are from something else too.

Any help with identifying anything on this would be appreciated. Thanks,Brad

The floor appears to be the bed cover from the amt 59 elcamino, the part behind the seats is the radio console from in the bed of the elcamino and the engine also appears to be from the elcamino. Judjing from the color of the styrene, it looks like the parts are from the original issue trophy series 59 elcamino.

I actually got this model a while back, but just recently have begun to clean it up & find some missing pieces to complete it.

It came from a friend of mine. Her dad passed away a few years ago & I ended up with with his model parts & collection.

Not sure what model company made this kit. Kinda wondering what kit the interior parts came from & also what the chassis is from. I know the Chevy engine & rear differential are from something else too.

Any help with identifying anything on this would be appreciated. Thanks,Brad

Body looks like it's a Revell '62 Dodge Lancer. Pretty sure the gauge panel is from the AMT Trophy Series '57 Chevy and the roll cage is from the AMT '63 Impala. The "dash" might be the sanding stick piece from the AMT '57 Chevy.

post-668-0-27088400-1434670809_thumb.jpg

Brad, that's a Revell 1962 Dodge Lancer. Not much there to work with. What did you hope to do with it? Best chassis would be either the AMT 71 Duster or Revell 68-69 Dart. Slight shortening required. You are still missing the hood and the entire interior. Your cowl is also missing a chunk.

You guys are good! I should have known parts of the interior were from the El Camino. I have one that he had built & also some parts of another.

Not sure about my plans Tom. Kinda thought maybe to just get it up on wheels & finish the engine & leave it alone. Thanks again, Chris,Don,Tom.

Another trip to the lhs, second time this week and - go figure! - I came home with two more kits. The Pepsi truck wasn't there on Monday, but it was there today, and I've wanted one for awhile. Not sure why, I have yet to even tackle a pickup truck, though I'd like to think the Moebius ' 71 Ranger will take care of that dilemma. :rolleyes:

The Jeep kit was part of a private collection that the owner of the lhs purchased several months ago. This one has been sitting behind the front counter for more than two months, tagged "hold for Brad". Well, sorry Brad but since it appears you didn't remember to come get your kit, it's mine!(insert eveil laughter here).

newz%20003_zpsminecmfu.jpg

newz%20005_zpsz9vasisv.jpg

Last night, from Spotlight Hobbies I ordered the Revell USRRC 427 Cobra kit with the pre-painted resin figures of Ken Miles and Carrol Shelby. I do not need another Cobra kit. And I question about if this car should not have a 289 rather than a 427? At the same time I like the Revell Cobra kit and I will build it as Ken Miles car, but with the 427. How many people will know the difference?

Scott

Another trip to the lhs, second time this week and - go figure! - I came home with two more kits. The Pepsi truck wasn't there on Monday, but it was there today, and I've wanted one for awhile. Not sure why, I have yet to even tackle a pickup truck, though I'd like to think the Moebius ' 71 Ranger will take care of that dilemma. :rolleyes:

The Jeep kit was part of a private collection that the owner of the lhs purchased several months ago. This one has been sitting behind the front counter for more than two months, tagged "hold for Brad". Well, sorry Brad but since it appears you didn't remember to come get your kit, it's mine!(insert eveil laughter here).

newz%20003_zpsminecmfu.jpg

newz%20005_zpsz9vasisv.jpg

That'll teach Brad.

Darn right, bet he'll never do that again! :P

There's two on the bay right now, both still factory sealed. One for $60, the other for $86.39

When you convert the currency, what I paid for this comes out to less than $50 US. And no paypal fees,

shipping charges or even time spent waiting for it to arrive.

Gotta luv that Brad! :lol:

It's tragic! According to an insurance company commercial, Brad was a beloved car that got totaled. That's why he never came for his kit! :)

I got the new 57 Ford wagon....

3 things about it, the rear bumper guards were removed instead of making them smaller and the green decals for the interior are gonna be hard to match/coordinate with any other colors and it has all the supercharger parts.

Overall I'm quite pleased with it though....

Edited by mike 51

Wifey came back from another thrift store visit and brought me a AMT display case box. Inside was the display case and inside the case was this. Not sure what to do with it since I don't build Chevys , maybe save the wheels for a future project. Heck for $3 can't complain.

post-13723-0-13312000-1434808493_thumb.j

Mail came early today..got two boxes from Model Roundup, 1 each of Mobieus '69 and '71 Ford trucks, and a squashed box w/ the Revell Rabbit and auto hauler trailer.. the Revell boxes are so soft that it's pretty mangled but looks to be in good shape inside..

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...