Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Yesterday at work, someone priced an AMT/Ertl '55 Chevy Stepsidr kit at $2. It sat on the shelf for the rest of the day. The rule at work is an item has to be on the shelf for 24 hours before I, an employee, can buy it. So it was there on my fifteen-minute break today. I went to buy it, and I was informed by the manager I couldn't buy anything on my fifteen-minuter. Dang! Hide it behind some puzzles, go eat trail mix until break's over, then work for an hour until lunch break.

Went back out to help with register, ten minutes before my break. The next register over, I see a guy buying some 1/16 NASCAR diecasts... and the Chevy kit. :rolleyes::(

I ended up using my $2 for a couple records instead.

Couldn't you have gone back in after your shift was over and gone in earlier the next time?

Couldn't you have gone back in after your shift was over and gone in earlier the next time?

Nope. Has to be on the shelf for exactly 24 hours before I can buy it. It went out on the floor at 10:30 Saturday, so I couldn't have gotten it until 10:30 today, the time of my fifteen minute break. My lunch was at 12:30-1:00.

Yesterday at work, someone priced an AMT/Ertl '55 Chevy Stepsidr kit at $2.

I've never found a model at Goodwill. I've bought some diecasts, they seem to like to put a mess of stuff in big clear plastic bags and sell them for $5 or $10 for the bag. The only models I've ever seen there were two common AMT kit that were totally gobbed with Testors paint and poorly assembled, complete in the box for $5 each! No thanks!

I won 8 different gen corvettes off Ebay....and got an angry wife after. Oops

My wife supports my hobby but I think even she would get a little upset after that one. lol. My stash has gotten pretty big just this year and it makes it a little more difficult in acquiring additions to it. I guess I'd better get busy building. :D

I've never found a model at Goodwill. I've bought some diecasts, they seem to like to put a mess of stuff in big clear plastic bags and sell them for $5 or $10 for the bag. The only models I've ever seen there were two common AMT kit that were totally gobbed with Testors paint and poorly assembled, complete in the box for $5 each! No thanks!

I managed to get a Jungle Jim Vega kit, partially started, but all there with all decals untouched for around $3. Found a Hornby 1/32 Mini Cooper that was originally supposed to be trade fodder, but nobody bit and I used the roll cage and wheels for parts. They're few and far between in there, so you have to be quick.

What if your buddy buys it?

Well, if I had a cell phone....

So I did get the Moebius Hudson the other day. Came home and it was waiting for me in the living room. Wasn't even there for four seconds before I ripped it open to gaggle at the contents. Man, it's a different world of quality than the Revellogram kits I'm used to.

Today rolled around. After a great day at school, we went to the bank. Pulled out some cash ($100 for an Xbox 360 I'm getting from a friend, and $40 for me) and went to the LHS. I got the Revell Snap-Tite '34 Ford, some K&S aluminum tubing for exhaust tips, and some Colors by Boyd Pacific Blue for the aforementioned Hudson.

I actually got this model a while back, but just recently have begun to clean it up & find some missing pieces to complete it.

It came from a friend of mine. Her dad passed away a few years ago & I ended up with with his model parts & collection.

Not sure what model company made this kit. Kinda wondering what kit the interior parts came from & also what the chassis is from. I know the Chevy engine & rear differential are from something else too.

Any help with identifying anything on this would be appreciated. Thanks,Brad

post-668-0-38827800-1434670766_thumb.jpg

post-668-0-89909200-1434670778_thumb.jpg

post-668-0-90154100-1434670792_thumb.jpg

post-668-0-27088400-1434670809_thumb.jpg

post-668-0-78094900-1434670830_thumb.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...