Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

This. Looks like I overpaid. About two hours after receiving it I get one of those eBay notices "Are you still looking...." and there they are half the price I paid. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Don't feel bad, I just paid the most I ever have for a kit. It's rare, but I still probably paid double what I could have if I waited.

Yes, the box art is probably the Winterberry Red or the Russet Red. That's pretty much the feature car for that year's brochure. I had pictures somewhere of a four door done in the Yuma Yellow with a white top. It was very nice looking, especially since I've never seen a model done in that color.

This. Looks like I overpaid. About two hours after receiving it I get one of those eBay notices "Are you still looking...." and there they are half the price I paid. Go figure. :rolleyes:

IMG_2212.jpg

That's cause you bought a last issue Revell AG boxing of it, not the version Revell just stocked onto the shelves last week.

This finally arrived today, still sealed in the shrink wrap. Once I got it open, I was quite happy to discover that it's molded in white, not red plastic.

des-new%20002m_zps21y9ekev.jpg

I'm really glad to see so many of these popping up here!

I would love to see a bunch more of these built in every color!

I really wish someone would do some more Desoto kits.

They sure had some beautiful cars!

Steve

Yup, same with this one. Indoors I'm tempted to call it "cappuccino" colored. But again, not red is all I cared. :rolleyes:

des-news%20004_zpsdi4ve5kf.jpg

There were so many nice factory colors that year, this is going to be a tough choice. :rolleyes:

1960-Desoto-pg01_zpsyb2j9gov.jpg

If my vote counts, use color CC-1

Yes, that is a nice combination. Or, I might just swipe peekay's color scheme. :rolleyes:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92215&hl=

That is a nice color!

Nothing on the chart that really comes close to it.

If they would have offered a similar color in '60, they may have sold a few more Desotos! :D

Steve

This finally arrived today, still sealed in the shrink wrap. Once I got it open, I was quite happy to discover that it's molded in white, not red plastic.

des-new%20002m_zps21y9ekev.jpg

Very nice score. I have one of those,clean build-up with no paint,thankfully. On the hunt for a 60 Chrysler.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...