Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

DSC_0008.jpg

This came on friday. Had some damage (Now fixed) and missing front bumper,seats and console. All part`s threes was there

including custom parts. Today i bought the same convertible version,good condition with all parts including custom parts wich

are silly,but nice to have. It`s missing box and have a cracked windshield post. But i got it cheap,Modelroundup wanted $240 lol

Another nice one Tommy!

I think I've given up on trying to keep track of you! :P

Steve

Thanks.

Steven just watch for junk no one else see any potential in,i`ll probably get on it. I see it as a challenge for myself,

and also i cant afford the mint ones -_- Tom i do agree since it`s being built it`s no big deal. This said it`s nice to

have the box and instructions,i find the box art facinating,also there might be the satisfaction in my inner collector

to have them. I mean they even reproduce vintage boxes and sell for quite the amount of money.

Thanks.

Steven just watch for junk no one else see any potential in,i`ll probably get on it. I see it as a challenge for myself,

and also i cant afford the mint ones -_- Tom i do agree since it`s being built it`s no big deal. This said it`s nice to

have the box and instructions,i find the box art facinating,also there might be the satisfaction in my inner collector

to have them. I mean they even reproduce vintage boxes and sell for quite the amount of money.

I don't see this as junk at all Tommy!

Any time I see an intact, unpainted kit like this, I'm watching it very closely if it's something I'm interested in.

Even with parts missing. Many times, parts can be found to complete.

As long as the body is good & the necessary components are there, I'm all over it! ;)

Steve

DSC_0008.jpg

This came on friday. Had some damage (Now fixed) and missing front bumper,seats and console. All part`s threes was there

including custom parts. Today i bought the same convertible version,good condition with all parts including custom parts wich

are silly,but nice to have. It`s missing box and have a cracked windshield post. But i got it cheap,Modelroundup wanted $240 lol

That is NICE...! Been after one myself my mother use to own one...lucky great find... :) I dig the old boxes too...brings back great memories for me.

Edited by disabled modeler

A Ram 3500 and some watch parts. The truck will become the delivery truck for FTB (Flatheads to Boxers) , the engine rebuilder in my diorama. The watch parts are to detail the engines. The ones I was going to use for flywheels are a bit small. There was a batch of larger ones on eBay. I may get them too.

IMG_2164.jpg

Just arrived from America. I have a soft spot for early compacts but this one tends to be way too pricey - less so in this condition, of course.

It's actually not too bad and the body has no damage or holes. It's missing one front and one rear light but Modelhaus has all the bits. It came apart easily and I'm now trying to strip the paint.

4e039c94-4ac5-4c23-86a6-a6768ba6cd94_zps

Just arrived from America. I have a soft spot for early compacts but this one tends to be way too pricey - less so in this condition, of course.

It's actually not too bad and the body has no damage or holes. It's missing one front and one rear light but Modelhaus has all the bits. It came apart easily and I'm now trying to strip the paint.

4e039c94-4ac5-4c23-86a6-a6768ba6cd94_zps

So you going to start building this classic Peter? Love these classics..

So you going to start building this classic Peter? Love these classics..

Carl, I have to admit to being more of a collector than a builder this year. Haven't really done anything since February except use up my lifetime modeling budget.

I've often had long periods of modeling abstinence but always come back to it again and I'm sure that will happen soon.

The Valiant has been in the purple pond for two days now and the paint is only just starting to budge. Might need something stronger.

Okay, you need to explain this one to me.

I just got an email from Model Roundup today saying that the '65 Satellite would be out in September.

What's the deal Gerry?

Steve

September? I haven't been tracking this one as the Ventura is what thrills me. I had to cut open the plastic wrap to get at it. As I said, a friend sent this to me and I am going to do a build on this one as soon as the Hemi Dart is done (about 3 weeks). I will have to seek the opinions of GTR and CARS in Miniature clubs MOPAR experts to help me in this. But then, Fiat now owns Chrysler and I don't think has spun Ferrari off yet. So I guess it can be classified an exotic :D

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...