Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Laser printer for decals? I thought an ink jet printer was needed.

Inkjet ink is usually water-soluble, so it takes a clear top-coat of something to allow the decals to be used in the traditional water-slide way. The laser printer ink is impervious to water, so the end result can be slightly thinner to follow curves better. Inkjet ink also tends to fade more in UV light over time.

At least, that's my current understanding. :)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Picked this up at Hobby Lobby yesterday.

$_1.JPG

Jeremy, I've got this one in progress right now. The bed and hood are a real mess, expect a lot of fighting to get the hood looking good, and that bed... :angry: I just ripped it to pieces and re-did the whole thing. The engine, chassis and interior are great, and that set of rims and tires pictured on the box are gorgeous though!

Jeremy, I've got this one in progress right now. The bed and hood are a real mess, expect a lot of fighting to get the hood looking good, and that bed... :angry: I just ripped it to pieces and re-did the whole thing. The engine, chassis and interior are great, and that set of rims and tires pictured on the box are gorgeous though!

And then there's that god awful grille(imo)....

.I was very disappointed in both versions of this kit.

And then there's that god awful grille(imo)....

.I was very disappointed in both versions of this kit.

Mike, as far as I'm concerned, compared to the hood and bed, the grille is fine. I hacked the bed into it's components and re-built the entire thing, and spent a whole lot of time and putty making the hood look right and fit the way it's supposed to!

DSC_0001.jpg

I got the Gurney Olsonite Eagle cheap off Ebay. I bought it mostly because of the cool DOCH Ford engine. Saving it for

a 69 Mustang project i have in mind. Today i recived some goodies for the Mustang project. Like i dont have enough

projects.

Finally sitting down after several weeks of non-stop running like a crazy man! Here's what I brought back from GSL in Salt Lake City. They have a very small swap meet on Saturday morning for a few hours. While shopping, one needs to be mindful that they need to get everything into their suitcases for the plane ride home!

IMG_2066-vi.jpg

I have an original kit or two, didn't have any of the reissue. People may not know that the original kit was modeled after Don Emmon's 1:1 vehicle. Since Don was at GSL, I was hoping to get him to sign the box, but I never got the combination of box, pen and Don together.

IMG_2067-vi.jpg

One of my all time favorite kits. I have a bunch of these but of course needed another. I'm using this chassis on a lot of my current builds. It's sealed but the box got dented in my checked suitcase. No worries since I have several clean boxes at home.

The two models above were $10 each or I wouldn't have carried them all the way home!

IMG_2064-vi.jpg

Grabbed this one at the GSL Auction, didn't pay a whole lot. I like the box art and the kit is complete in bags inside the box.

IMG_2062-vi.jpg

GSL had a nice seminar on 3D printing by a panel of guys who actually are doing this today. They gave away small samples and here's mine. Although difficult to see in the translucent white, the detail on this figure is incredible. for size comparison, the base is the size of a quarter.

IMG_2067-vi.jpg

On Sunday after GSL we pointed the rental car south, and wound up in American Fork, Utah. We managed to drive up very high on a mountain, and take in the view. But we stopped at a Holiday gas/convenience store that sold Sinclair gas. I spied these on clearance, so I grabbed one. They are 1/12 scale pedal cars. Just a neat little display box.

IMG_2068-vi.jpg

I also bought a bunch of Revell / Monogram box art cars at the GSL Auction. I will post those soon.

Tommy: That 69 Mustang resin conversion looks suuweeet!!!!!!

I've been on a hunt for the Street Demons kits for the last few months and have picked up the 56 F-100 (which I'm building here in the truck section) and now the 29 Model "A" Pick up. The Sedan Delivery and the Chopped Duece kits are aplenty but the 29 Model A Pick up, the 41 Willys and the 54 Chevy Panel Wagons are somewhat hard to find. I did manage this in the mail just yesterday though:

DSCN0168_zpsrryjj7gd.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...