Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Continuing to take advantage of the current exchange rate for the swiss franc - it won't last.

66 Bonneville promo. A few flaws in the paint made it "affordable". If I was only allowed one model car it would probably be this one.

aa0c64c1-2af3-4054-b62d-55130b9e707c_zps

Jr. Series 57 'Bird. Been wanting one since John Goshke pointed out the better proportions compared to the later kits. The roof will fit perfectly with some minor adjustment.

19849340-f28d-4a7b-b563-7d2c54d2bbc2_zps

Johan 62 Olds Super 88, built but not painted and only the mirror glued. I'm a Johan fan but I'd never heard of this one.

a881c74c-1d51-4017-8b6a-1774865eea53_zps

X-EL re-issue 57 Olds. Got it from Poland.

0bdd4b86-b00c-4cd1-8357-c9761882db4f_zps

0More casters and the most exquisitely detailed wheel dollies I have ever seen. They're actually funbctional. The foot lever goes up & down, the arms retract and you can lock them in place with the foot lever. there is a tiny little pin that goes through the square tubing into the arm locking it in place. Not only that, the wheel support rollers actually roll. there is even a stand to store them.

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

Sweet! Is it molded in blue and does it have the soft rubber (not vinyl) tires?

If the 58 Impala is genuine, then it shoud be light blue and have those wonderful tires in there....

004.jpg

005.jpg

Edited by Junkman

Continuing to take advantage of the current exchange rate for the swiss franc - it won't last.

66 Bonneville promo. A few flaws in the paint made it "affordable". If I was only allowed one model car it would probably be this one.

aa0c64c1-2af3-4054-b62d-55130b9e707c_zps

Jr. Series 57 'Bird. Been wanting one since John Goshke pointed out the better proportions compared to the later kits. The roof will fit perfectly with some minor adjustment.

19849340-f28d-4a7b-b563-7d2c54d2bbc2_zps

Johan 62 Olds Super 88, built but not painted and only the mirror glued. I'm a Johan fan but I'd never heard of this one.

a881c74c-1d51-4017-8b6a-1774865eea53_zps

X-EL re-issue 57 Olds. Got it from Poland.

0bdd4b86-b00c-4cd1-8357-c9761882db4f_zps

Great stuff Peter, but you're going to have to have yourself frozen & come back for a second time if you plan on building everything you've acquired just in the past few months! :D

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Man there some old school kits here! Awesome!! I'm actually acquiring a lot of kits that I had when I was a teenager these days. I received the Monogram Paddy Wagon yesterday in the mail. I forgot how bad the engine was in this kit and have never cared for the wheels and how wide the front tires are. I've got a set of Pro Star wheels for it, and a set of skinnies for the front tires. I just need to come up with a better engine for it now. Aside from that, I've always like the idea of this kit.

6571a5258caae7fbdd50ab2c7707ab60.jpg

Sweet Bonnie Peter!

I got both of these, from separate sellers, off of Ebay. Both arrived in the mail today. I finally managed to snag a Johan '68 Caddy Convert. Now I'm on the hunt to get the '64 Caddy Convert too. And, after seeing a couple of builds on the Caddy STS-V, I had to pick one up myself...still sealed too. Like the other builds, mine will be built more stock looking as well. No scissor doors, no huge rims, and no wild graphics.

post-9116-0-00584300-1432193277_thumb.jp

Great stuff Peter, but you're going to have to have yourself frozen & come back for a second time if you plan on building everything you've acquired just in the past few months! :D

Steve

Specially at the rate I've been building this year!

Man there some old school kits here! Awesome!! I'm actually acquiring a lot of kits that I had when I was a teenager these days. I received the Monogram Paddy Wagon yesterday in the mail. I forgot how bad the engine was in this kit and have never cared for the wheels and how wide the front tires are. I've got a set of Pro Star wheels for it, and a set of skinnies for the front tires. I just need to come up with a better engine for it now. Aside from that, I've always like the idea of this kit.

6571a5258caae7fbdd50ab2c7707ab60.jpg

I've somehow collected 3 of those, should you need any parts,....

I got today

IMG_4717%20600x450_zpsr8eff3kj.jpg

Thnx to Roy on F1M

Ebay purchase. Was advertised as new in box. It was not. Bunch of loose pieces that were shoved in sandwich bags. Looks all there so not worth fussing over.

Gotta love the sellers with the over enthusiastic descriptions on the 'bay... My favorite one is "looks complete to me -- no guarantee" means that they know it's not all there. I saw that on a kit that I was interested in and it was obvious from the photos that the kit had no body!

I once got a kit that was described as "open box -- all bagged inside", well there were bags inside, but no chrome tree. I can say the guy with the missing chrome tree did make good. He refunded everything and told me to keep the kit.

I always say... you remember the creepy, hygiene challenged, little shyster you'd see at model shows? He's now on eBay! Buyer beware!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Got one of these for $5 on the scratch / dent table at HobbyTown. Complete 'cept for one small part...but the decals are badly cracked. Thought it might be a good little quickie, but after looking at it carefully, I see it's going to take a lot more work to make a nice model than I want to do on it right now. I MAY start on it anyway, just a little every couple of days. OOB, NO HEAVY MODS, light wiring and detailing. Something to use up some big-flake Testors one-coat on, too.

Still, I figure just looking it over was an easy 5 bucks worth of entertainment. :)

5e808f6950e0864d60571bbfb1ce2058.jpg

While looking for other wheels on some of these old Mustang II funnies, I happened across this snap. Man...that's a driver. :wub:

bunny.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

1_zpsdzoajmtr.jpg

This will be number 7 ( plus my Dakar Offroad /Purple that I have already built) and be used to extend my skills of resin casting to develop a 4 seater on a standard length beetle chassis/floorpan, and produce a 6 wheeler as well!

This was bought from Omnimodels in the USA to me in the UK in a very short time of 6 days, the best shipping time so far from US suppliers!

Edited by PatW

DSC_0008.jpg

This came on friday. Had some damage (Now fixed) and missing front bumper,seats and console. All part`s threes was there

including custom parts. Today i bought the same convertible version,good condition with all parts including custom parts wich

are silly,but nice to have. It`s missing box and have a cracked windshield post. But i got it cheap,Modelroundup wanted $240 lol

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...