Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deora - Reissue versus Original kit?

Ken McGuire

8 hours ago, Casey said:

AMT 1267 - 1/25 Alexander's (Brothers') Drag Time Deora Drag Truck

Roofless version, similar to original release, I'm guessing:

amt-alexanders-drag-time-kevorkian_1_c06b6af4eefe82c93f9a8019bc239d7d.jpg.90ac8ee7bb54988d1dfce0f9910b904b.jpg

Anyone have the instructions to this version showing the mods you have to do to fit the Hemi? This is the version I want to build of this kit someday.

edit- I see now this version is being rereleased, but unless they really wow me over with cool parts and decals I'll save my money and build it out of one of the 4-5 kits I already have of this. 

Edited by Mr. Metallic

Hmm. Looks like AMT threw in the parts pack Hemi tree, including the Corvair engine. About the only other change seems to be swapping the two rear chrome reverse wheels for the pair of mags. I wonder if the Little Red Wagon's front axle/springs would be an easy swap to get steerable front wheels?

1 hour ago, Jack L said:

Royal Oak Historical Society says there was a Standard Oil station on the corner of 11 mile road and Main

Mentioned once or twice in this topic, too:

I would love to have a new sheet with that vintage Standard Oil logo instead of the Union 76 or Texaco logos.

• 1 year later...
On 9/12/2013 at 8:46 PM, Mark said:

The wheels have been changed a couple of times over the years. Early issues used compact car tires (the ones used in Corvair and Opel GT kits for stock).

On 1/28/2013 at 5:33 AM, scummy said:

Didnt the original have chrome wheels with baby moon caps ?

Here's the pertinent page from the original instruction sheet:

AMT2030DeoraWheels.jpg

On 3/6/2022 at 6:43 PM, deuces wild said:

He was also a guitarist for the Knack back in the day.....

From what I've read, Doug went by himself to California and met the other members there to form the Knack.  I witnessed Geoffrey come onstage at a Mitch Ryder concert in Royal Oak and "help" with background vocals on a song or two during the Woodward Dream Cruise week.    

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 4:44 AM, Motor City said:

From what I've read, Doug went by himself to California and met the other members there to form the Knack.  

Getting way off topic here, but Doug was a member of the Los Angeles Shelby club and owned a GT-350.  Despite being a "rock star" he was a friendly and humble guy.

On 1/26/2013 at 5:13 PM, Don Sikora II said:

The MPC reissues include the camper parts that AMT added sometime in the Seventies.

On 1/26/2013 at 7:27 PM, Eshaver said:

When the Kit was re- issued sometime in the early 70's, it came out with a Camper top. Now this meant the deletion of the bed cover and no one seemed to notice .

Love how the side door laps the quarter panel by, well, quite a bit:

AMTT201Vantasy4-vi.jpg.1ff0b479ed2ed2ecfd9a9e7e2491f6f9.jpg