Model Cars Magazine Forum

Time for a round of show us your desktop

935k3

That's a cool picture Bruce . Look at all those Fords and Mercurys !

I know, right? Back when everyone ran whichever make had an advantage. Fords (and Mercs) had the big motors that year so everyone ran Fords. None of todays "parity" between car companies. That's what "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" was all about.

well i use the program bumptop its like a 3-d desktop , you can go round in the room and have 4 walls and a floor .
the icons can be trown around and slide actually :P
you can also pile documents and have like a real pile of folders ... also you can remove filenames and since i like it clean i did :lol:

at first it seems very simple and you can choose some stock styles , but using fotoshop and a lot of trial and error you can make your own room

i went for the checkered floor with red and some cabinets , its all made by me in fotoshop and even the modelboxes on the bench i made myself ..
to make something flat and get it looking a bit 3-d in bumptop took me some trying out..
its not all 100% accurate but when you put in some time you can get a real convincing room B)

now mine is still a work in progress , so far i managed to get modelcar kit boxes on the bench and a paper flyer with a car like its hanging over the edge ..
my plan is still to make a real modelbuilders bench with glue and tools and maybe even a case with models ..

but like said to get it looking convinsing it takes a lot of time

some screenshots of what i have right now

so imagine your seeing the floor but when clicking on a wall the room turns or gos up ...you can really rotate the whole room around .. interactive desk top

the only downside is ounce you have this you cant go back to a normal desktop with background it just looks so boring then :lol:

Afbeelding1_zps17f511cf.jpg

Afbeelding2_zps03a5ebdd.jpg

Afbeelding3_zps6ae61d7d.jpg

Afbeelding4_zps3cf94f56.jpg