Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Dart/Pro Touring

aksarben

Hello all, here is my latest build, mostly out of the box, just lowered quite a bit and gave it some Pegasus aluminum sleeves with the rims from the 09 Challenger.

Engine is stock but I added the air cleaner from the Challenger as well.

Let me know what you think.

Steve

Update: the air cleaner is actually from the Revell 70 Challenger kit, my bad.

000_0197.jpg

000_0210.jpg

000_0212.jpg

000_0213.jpg

000_0222.jpg

Edited by aksarben

Not a fan of the jet black panel lines, they look too "obvious." And because on most models they're out of scale (too big), making them black like that makes them even more obvious.

Look at a real car and you'll see that they're never black like that, but several shades darker than the body color (unless it's a black car, of course!).

Here's a real one, similar to your model. Compare how the panel lines look on the real car vs. your model:

gold-burnt-orange-1968-dodge-dart-highwa

I've often wondered why most guys recommend useing black wash or India ink or whatever, when there are no black lines in those areas UNLESS it was a painted over black car. Not that it looks bad, it DOES define the lines, but I always thought a darker shade of the same color would be more appropriate. your little Dart came out pretty good!

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it.

I just knew someone would break my balls about the dark panel lines.

Not a fan of the jet black panel lines, they look too "obvious." And because on most models they're out of scale (too big), making them black like that makes them even more obvious.

I have to disagree Harry.

In my second and third photos look at the panel lines for the hood. They look just as dark as the lines for the doors except that they are not lines at all, they are the natural look of actual panel gaps.

It might even look out of place if the other lines were not as dark as the ones for the hood.

But thanks for commenting on my model...