Model Cars Magazine Forum

How often do you visit Hobby Lobby?

The existence of Hobby Lobby and the 40 off coupon has either been a wonderful thing or awful thing for me. I have one about 5 minutes away and my girlfriend loves to go for scrapbooking goodies. And there I am on the hobby aisle realizing I can get this or that get for next to nothing. So I end up getting like a kit a week it seems. It's absurd. You should see me on that model aisle looking up kit reviews in preparation for a sound purchasing decision. :)

Hey, At least they don't know you by first name in your store.lol It's so embarrassing at check out.

Just an FYI, i was at the two Hobby Lobby stores by me (aurora il) and both have some nice kits stocked, the 1/16 petty car, the new round of funny cars including the bounty hunter, hot rod, ect, the fireball Roberts 57 Ford, the new repop Vetts, and the new ford c-600 pepsi truck. I also saw places for the new dirty donny super bee as well as the repop gt500. very very excited to see this coming to hobby lobby as it is only affordable with the 40% off coupon.

Edited by bigmerc2003

I visit the LHS quite often, at least once a week. Not only is it a great store, but the owners are good people and we have become friends.

I know how you feel. I make it a point to visit my LHS at least three times a week maybe even more. But then again I also work there...

At my local HL they had some Createx Wicked Colors on clearance along with some Model Master bombs. The MM paint was marked down to $1.34 before tax from $6.19.. Prowler Purple and Ford Phoenician Yellow was all that was there. Does anyone check out the clearance sections? There's 2 different areas at the one near me. I'm curious to see if other stores might have the same things that way we can give one another a heads up on a good deal.

I just got back from vacationing in the USA last week. (visiting relatives) I love Hobby Lobby! Picked up 2 rat roasters, Tommy Grove F/C, and a Candies & Huges F/C. Got some ground cover, bushes, flowers, and ballast for dioramas on clearance, some figures (tube people) that look to be 1/25 scale, and K&S tubing. Also on clearance I picked up a half a dozen packs of JTT plastic sheets...double diamond plate and bricks. And I didn't have time to "window shop". lol The kits are pretty much 1/2 the price of the ones north of the border!

• 2 weeks later...

So I was just in hobby lobby and realized something, why are there Tamiya military kits, but no others?? Cars boats etc. Is it just my location thats like this? If I could get Those for 40% off I'd probably pass out from buying so many.

My local HL used to stock a few Tamiya and Aoshima kits, but they always seemed to end up on the clearance rack marked way down, and I haven't seen any Japanese kits there in two or three years.

• 4 months later...

I took a few minutes tonight to stop by Hobby Lobby to see what was new and found some models on clearance. The Revell 2010 Camaro, 69 Camaro Convertible, 2010 Mustang and the 67 Chevelle Pro Street were all marked down. I also spotted the AMT Showroom Replicas 2011 Camaro Convertible, 2012 Camaro with the USA graphics, 2011 (?) Corvette Convertible were also marked down. I did see a Diamond Reo truck kit marked down too.

In the supplies section it appears there was some reductions as well, saw the Tamiya tool kit on clearance for $18.

All of the markdowns were 40% off , hopefully whatever they are making room for is on my list for 2014!

I go about once a week because the girlfriend loves it. Same ol' models in the same ol' places every single time. I'm not really in a car building phase right now so it isn't exciting. The military and airplane selection stinks.

You have to find the person responsible for ordering and chat them up. The tall good looking honey (showgurl type) in charge at the Henderson Hobby Lobby is open to suggestions. In fact she's making an attempt to order some different MM Acryl colors as well as various Tamiya and Revell kits, read 90 Mustang LX.

G

You have to find the person responsible for ordering and chat them up. The tall good looking honey (showgurl type) in charge at the Henderson Hobby Lobby is open to suggestions. In fact she's making an attempt to order some different MM Acryl colors as well as various Tamiya and Revell kits, read 90 Mustang LX.

G

Good thing she happens to be in charge of ordering, since your showgirl radar found her! Double bonus. ^_^

G

Does the badge help with the showgirl type ?

Does the badge help with the showgirl type ?

Depends on if your packing a large gun too........uh er weapon, ummm personal defense system, oh well you know what I mean. :blink:

Large fat wallet helps with that type too............. :D

Danno

Sometime when all the kiddies (Jonathan) are asleep I will relate the tale of the dancer I dated just prior to meeting MrsG. She was in the chorus line in the old Folies Bergere ;)

G