Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Got the results of the biopsy on the cat's rapidly worsening ear ulceration...squamous cell carcinoma, which is a particularly aggressive form of cancer.

Seems white cats get skin cancer on their ears from over-exposure to the sun...just like people. She's always been an indoor-outdoor cat, since she moved in from being a stray in the neighborhood 14 years ago. I had thought the problem was from fighting with other neighborhood cats, but for the past couple months, it's been getting much worse, rapidly. Antibiotics had no effect, and now the poor cat bleeds badly every time she scratches the scab off. A cone-collar isn't working any more...she's figured out how to get it loose and tears the scab off anyway... and she's in a lot of discomfort, probably pain.

May be close to the end for ol' Spook. She's miserable, and there's not really much hope for a cure at this point.

Having previously owning a few cats, it seems as though they're pretty much at the "end of the line in their mid teens. However our first one died at a very early age. It's very hard to have a pet "put down" but when there's not much hope, it's pretty much the only thing one can do for their pets.

Well, today I went to my painting place for the 1st time since last August when I became ill. I went in, sat down at the booth, and just looked around for a short while. I was going to leave, but decided to put some paint on the front axle and brake drums of my '34 Ford. It went very well. Then, I thought, while I'm here, paint my camper trailer. So after cleaning out my brush (I thought), proceeded to paint the trailer. Well, NOT MY DAY!!! The paint wasn't flowing very well, then suddenly started to flow big time! Before I knew what I was doing, the paint began running! So, the trailer is in the purple pond!! Fortunately, I'm old enough to realize that stuff happens, and I'll be back to try again.

It's very hard to have a pet "put down" but when there's not much hope, it's pretty much the only thing one can do for their pets.

I had to put my dog Ted down last fall. I can truthfully say that he left this world with less pain and suffering and more dignity than my human relatives.

I feel your pain man! Two years ago I had to put down our beagle of 14 years. A tumor was taking over her chest cavity. Still brings a tear to my eye thinking about it.

DogandI_zps2a385ca6.jpg

That happened to My dog too "Tumors in the chest" he was just over 10 Y.O. good pup. I light a candle for him at church on Sundays.

Lost art of customer service. Had to do same bsnking at bBank of America. Line of 8 and one teller. Two bank officers talk to each in line trying to get people to use atm. When somebody questioned one bank officer said 2 students were having finals and two out on maternity leave. Sounds like poor excuse for inadequate staffing for a situation that was known well in advance. Either get a temp or OMG have one of the bank officers play do the teller job.

what really depressing is this philosophy is at most retail establishments. Never enough staff to provide decent customer srrvice.

I've written retail department schedules before and it is always a BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH shoot, especially with employment rules. No employee wants to work an hour or two. If they are there for more than 4.5 hours they get a 45 minute lunch(unpaid) so if you use them for 5 hours you get 4:15 work and nobody want to work for 4.5 hours, take lunch, work for 15 more minutes and go home. Some employees just don't show up, especially college students on Sunday mornings and they often have tests that take all day. Sometimes all want the same day off so if you say no, they just don't show up. On top of that no matter how well you predict customers, you will always have times when you have twice as many customers as employees and others when you have twice as many employees as customers. I understand some of that, but have to agree that if you have management standing around, they need to get busy.

i went into BoA saturday. sat down waiting for customer service. 10 minutes into it, a lady comes over and tells me it will be about an hour before i can see a representative.

went into a mattress store today right at 10 am opening time. salesman told me yesterday it was 8:25 pm before the first customer came in.

I will have to call Horizon Hobby tomorrow when I get to work, the middle cup shaped piece is supposed to be cut for 3mm threads at the square for the 3×8mm countersunk screw that holds the pinion gear in the rear axle and the one that came with my Ascender kit came un-tapped........good thing they're open on the weekends and I'm mainly building the truck when I can't sleep at night due to all of what's going on with Mom right now.

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/horizonhobby/VTR232072_a0?wid=1400&hei=778

I will have to call Horizon Hobby tomorrow when I get to work, the middle cup shaped piece is supposed to be cut for 3mm threads at the square for the 3×8mm countersunk screw that holds the pinion gear in the rear axle and the one that came with my Ascender kit came un-tapped........good thing they're open on the weekends and I'm mainly building the truck when I can't sleep at night due to all of what's going on with Mom right now.

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/horizonhobby/VTR232072_a0?wid=1400&hei=778

I feel your pain.How about helping your buddies dad put together a weight bench in a dimly light short basement and one of the nuts is not tapped. Top secret because it is for his younger brothers birthday present ( whom is upstairs ) and his dad is half in the bag. We had a good laugh about it latter but I thought he was going to lose it down there. You are reaching under the thing trying to put the nut on , drop it can not see it so you grab another one . Then you see it on the floor and hand it back and forth between drops . Sometimes being in a hurry does not pay.

My irk is people put into a minor position of power who in turn can interpret and inflict rules which cause much financial and emotional burden without recourse.

Minor or Major position without recourse makes now difference to me. Just because you have a title to your name should not give you a teflon suit.

My irk is people put into a minor position of power who in turn can interpret and inflict rules which cause much financial and emotional burden without recourse.

Sounds like you have a home owners association! :) I call this situation "Ralph Kramden syndrome" "I yam the president!"

Edited by Tom Geiger