Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

When my father died in 1999,  shortly thereafter  I got a number of past due bills from medical sounding companies.  He had been sick a while and I was handling his business, so I knew all his doctors, lab companies etc that we regularly dealt with. I sent each of them a reply via mail, official looking from the estate, asking for an itemized bill with original receipts.  Never heard back from one of them.

Got me thinking about how many distraught families just paid the bills.  Scum buckets preying on the obits!

Please, don't insult scum like that. 

The New York State Department of Taxation was doing that in the early Nineties.  They'd send out thousands of "notices of sales tax delinquency" on a regular basis, hoping to rope in businesses that didn't keep copies of their returns (which, of course, you should do anyway).  When I had my business, I got those several quarters in a row.  I'd have to spend time and money getting copies of returns and bank statements (to show that they cashed the checks prior to the due date, which was the case every time), then spend more money on registered/return receipt mail (which absolutely NOBODY there signed for, ever).  For a while, I tried to have some fun with it, pasting together my own official-looking "Notice of Receipt of Bull---- Delinquency Notice" to use for the reply, things like that.  After a while I got my local State legislator involved, and they gave up trying to collect from me.  I guess other people were writing them nasty notes in reply to their notices...they eventually passed a law against writing remarks on the tax forms or the checks used to pay taxes.  Talk about thin-skinned...

Dove-tailing with the above...."don't steal, the government hates competition."

Charlie Larkin

Model Cars Magazine,

Today I received a 80 page picture book..... Although I enjoy a few pictures of builds from the nations contests...... But a whole issue with absolutely no technical information or modeling content!

Issue 202 is nothing more than a picture book with some advertising...... I for one didn't pay for a subscription of a pretty little picture book!

Did I mention the monthly apology of the tardiness that has become the norm with this publication!

Houston..... I think we have a problem.....

Jimmy "RASS"

Model Cars Magazine,

Today I received a 80 page picture book..... Although I enjoy a few pictures of builds from the nations contests...... But a whole issue with absolutely no technical information or modeling content!

Issue 202 is nothing more than a picture book with some advertising...... I for one didn't pay for a subscription of a pretty little picture book!

Did I mention the monthly apology of the tardiness that has become the norm with this publication!

Jimmy "RASS"

this irked me a bit.

maybe if you harass them enough they'll just quit putting out the magazine, then the rest of us will be irked.

Model Cars Magazine,

Jimmy "RASS"

And, yet.  So many have been eagerly awaiting the contest issue ~ what you call 'a pretty little picture book.'  Apparently not everyone in the world views it the same way you do.

For years, MCM has published a comprehensive contest issue as one of its 9 issues annually.  Had you not noticed before? 

And . . . 80 pages!  WOW!  The usual issue consists of 58 pages.  So, Issue 202 is nearly 50% larger than a typical issue?  Not bad. 

The rest of us are happy.   Can you be happy for us, Jimmy? 

If not, just hang in there, Jimmy.  The next issue will be back to usual non-contest content.

this irked me a bit.

maybe if you harass them enough they'll just quit putting out the magazine, then the rest of us will be irked.

Really...Your Irked at my Irked! Hmmmm everyone who purchases this publication or is on this forum shares your opinion.... Surely you jest

Really...Your Irked at my Irked! Hmmmm everyone who purchases this publication or is on this forum shares your opinion.... Surely you jest

My apologies, I misspoke (mis-typed) a little bit, here is what I meant to say:

maybe if you harass them enough they'll just quit putting out the magazine, then the rest of us that enjoy the magazine and this forum will be irked.

And, yet.  So many have been eagerly awaiting the contest issue ~ what you call 'a pretty little picture book.'  Apparently not everyone in the world views it the same way you do.

For years, MCM has published a comprehensive contest issue as one of its 9 issues annually.  Had you not noticed before? 

And . . . 80 pages!  WOW!  The usual issue consists of 58 pages.  So, Issue 202 is nearly 50% larger than a typical issue?  Not bad. 

The rest of us are happy.   Can you be happy for us, Jimmy? 

If not, just hang in there, Jimmy.  The next issue will be back to usual non-contest content.

I know the History of MCM'S contest issues.

I'm over joyed for those who enjoy the contest issue.... "Apparently not everyone in the world views it the same way you do" I seriously doubt every subscriber has the same view you do on the contest issue.... I would be one of them!

Last time I checked I have no control over any ones happiness.... Enjoy Issue 202

Respectfully,

Jimmy "RASS"

My apologies, I misspoke (mis-typed) a little bit, here is what I meant to say:

maybe if you harass them enough they'll just quit putting out the magazine, then the rest of us that enjoy the magazine and this forum will be irked.

Mike,

I enjoy the Magazine and Forum as much as the next Guy/Gal and contribute often. I'm just not a fan of the annual contest issue.

I harassed no one..... I stated my opinion! You way over estimate my powers! I'm just guessing..... I seriously doubt my opinion will be the demise of MCM's publication.

Respectfully,

Jimmy "RASS"

SO one of my staff gave his notice yesterday. Not a problem, as I think he saw the writing on the wall and realized he'd be leaving soon, one way or the other.

After he gave his notice and left my office, I contacted HR to fill them in, and also to get the ad put out so I can get resumes and hire his replacement.

Then he sees the ad, and freaks out about how we're replacing him so quickly and not even letting his chair grow cold. Seriously?! How about go f yourself. YOU are the one who quit, I'm the one with a department to run.

Ugh, should have initiated the change last month.

Went to top off the tires, shocks, and radiator on my Jeep so I could drive it to work while the lot is being partially repaved only to have the valve in the left front tire start giving me problems and I couldn't find a valve removal tool so I could pull it out and see if that was bad or if it just needed to be retightened........didn't bother to to check the water level at that point as it was too late to find an open parts store.

My son gave me a kitten 5 weeks ago and it was 4 months old so small. She has went down hill since and can't walk. I don't know how long she will last and have been to the vet twice. The older i get the more things seem to hurt. No way am I mad or irked just sad,,,

My son gave me a kitten 5 weeks ago and it was 4 months old so small. She has went down hill since and can't walk. I don't know how long she will last and have been to the vet twice. The older i get the more things seem to hurt. No way am I mad or irked just sad,,,

I know exactly what you're feeling my friend, we just lost a pet lovebird we've had for over 20 years- I handfed her from a chick before her eyes opened. She had a stroke over a year ago and I'm surprised she lasted this long, such a bold spirit!IMGP2607.thumb.JPG.c2cd00750ee406bf3c979

Welp, now I can add alternator to the list of parts needed for my Jeep.............took it to the office today since the lot was being repaved and I don't like parking my 200 in the street unattended and somewhere in the 7 mile round trip, it gave up the ghost. I did finally swap out the dried out wiper blades on my lunch break though for the new ones I bought back in May.

• 2 weeks later...

It started Sunday, 6am no internet.

Just today at noon (Wednesday), its been fixed.  So, no TV, no internet or phone either for the 4th day.  Now it works.

Then, today the plumber guys came, still water problems.  The kitchen wall behind the dishwasher was cut out (read, no dry wall in Europe.  The walls here are brick and block!) , the pipe that feed the bathtub on the other side pisses water like crazy.  The basement has water everywhere and dripping down, and then the verdict.  Bathtub and tiles have to be removed, sink too. 

Ain't life great?

2 1/2 Hr ride home courtesy of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.  They shut the entire road down due to an accident between two vehicles and a motorcycle. It happened on the section of road where there are only two lanes each way.  Accident happened at 12:45 and the road is still closed.  News report said that the motorcycle hit an unoccupied police car in the shoulder.  Guy towing a Camaro jack knifed.

<div class="meta image-caption"><div class="origin-logo origin-image none"><span>none</span></div><span class="caption-text">Chopper 6 was over a crash in the westbound lanes of the Pa. Turnpike in King of Prussia on Thursday, October 6.</span></div>

I know what you mean.

A feral momcat that lives outside here abandoned a 5-week old kitten in the back of my truck, almost seemed so I'd be sure to see it when I came in. No possible way the kitten could have got there under its own power. It had diarrhea and couldn't walk very well...something wrong with the back legs. I brought it in, cleaned it up, started feeding it formula from an eye dropper, got it to start taking solid food, etc.

It was getting stronger for a few days, was actually trying to follow me around, but still had the digestive and mobility problems. Really cute little bugger, smart, sweet disposition...especially for a feral cat.

Then it just started fading and nothing I could do seemed to make any difference. Decided to take it to the vet first thing Monday morning, but it didn't make it through the night. 

Just sad.