Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Third day into the NHL season and Cincinnati Bell decides to make the NHL channel a separate subscription channel.  Sleazy enough they pulled the Fox Sports - Nashville a couple years ago.  

Gee I wonder why people are pulling the plug on cable.

(We used to have Dish Network but I swear they kept sending the guy with the lazy eye to line up the dish).

I favor a .357 magnum with a 12-gauge pump for backup. Crude possibly, but highly effective. 

I too have an S&W 686 J frame. I load it with .38 most of the time. I also have a Taurus 9mm and two Remington 12 gauges. If some ner-do-well comes in under their own power they are leaving under someone elses. We don't take kindly to intruders here at casa Frias.  

You're right about that. Doesn't this fit under the religion and politics umbrella.

I don't see how mentioning gun ownership is any more of a "political" statement than mentioning a health issue...and health problems are mentioned frequently.

Yes, passionate political discussions can arise from either, but surely the simple mention isn't political.

And there are overt religious statements and quotes in a number of signatures, and nobody is complaining.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

The Forum software has a pretty good Private Message system that can be used for the way off-topic stuff.

Also, rather than just complain about posts with another post, you can just report it and let the moderators look into it.

I admit it's been several years since I've been to a concert.  My last one was Steely Dan reunion tour when I got mid pavilion for about $30.  Miscellaneous fees and service charges, over priced WalMart quality souvenir shirts, gouge parking rates finally made me call it quits.  I was playing on the Internet this afternoon and saw a concert announcement for Niall Horan.  I admit I have not clue who this is but check this

Concert announced September 15, 2017........Tickets go on sale September 22, 2017....Concert itself is July 25, 2018.

Seriously?  Purchase tickets ten months in advance?  I don't even know what I'm doing for dinner tomorrow night, let alone ten months from now

I admit it's been several years since I've been to a concert.  

The last concert I attended was at the PNC Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ.  We saw Counting Crows and it was more trouble than it was worth.  We paid about $75 a ticket, massive crowds, paid for parking, $12 for a beer.  Only time in my life I've ever been frisked. When the show started this little jerk and his girlfriend directly in front of us decided they were going to stand the entire concert.. the only two doing this! And the two seats directly in front of me. Refused to sit down when asked nicely. Did so when I snarled loudly.   Decided this was way too much trouble for music.

Friends of ours saw Tom Petty's last concert in Philadelphia.  They paid $400 for a pair of tickets!  Today I found his last concert on You Tube... Two hour video, I Googlecast it to my TV and we watched the whole thing for free.  No crowd, clean restroom. Concert waited every time we needed a break!

I feel the same way about concerts. No way I'm paying the outlandish prices for everything involved including the tickets.

And I have added going to the movies to my list of things to never do again. The last two times we went I felt like I'd been robbed. Both times we had complete and total inconsiderate jerks sitting very near us. Talked loudly throughout the whole movie, refused to quiet down when we asked, and this last time the couple kept throwing popcorn at each other. Nope, never again.

I'm kind of with you guys.

I haven't gone to a theater to see a movie in several years for all of the usual reasons.

But I did have a pretty good time taking my son to see the Roger Waters "The Wall" show a few years ago.

Didn't pay a fortune for tickets & the show was astronomical!!

Maybe the reason that the show goers seemed a little more mellow was because they were mostly my age & the younger ones were all high. :rolleyes:

If you can't stand the smell of weed, don't bother going to a Pink Floyd concert. :)

Steve

Hey Bob, I know this isn't a gun forum but was wondering how you like your Taurus. I have 3 in my collection and had to send 2 back to the factory. All were purchased new. Any issues with yours ?

I love it. My brother Rick is the range master at the Warren Rod and Gun club in RI. I take it there at least once a month. I've been taking the .357 as well. I've had no issues with the Taurus but I've heard of a few. Breach problems? Slide problems? At first mine seemed a bit snug but with careful cleaning and lube it's been a great sidearm, I probably should have purchased the Glock, but the price was right on the Taurus.

Concert tickets: I bought tickets for Roger Waters last fall. The show is next week. Bought them over a year before the actual show. In Edmonton, this has been the year of the concert, and wifey is somewhat annoyed at how much we've spent on concerts. It seems like every time I grab tickets for something, the next day something just as good goes on sale. Part fo the reasoning is that we have a new arena here in town, and there's a real push to get every tour on the planet to come here. Appears to be working! Plus other big name acts are touring, and Edmonton seems to be on the list. 

Anyway, what irked me? My new truck (2018 Ram Power Wagon) shipped two weeks ago. I have the factory invoice, a ship date, and an ETA. Found out yesterday afternoon, that the ship date was changed to "to be determined" and that the truck hasn't actually left the factory yet. Trying to reach out to the fleet guys at FCA to find out what the deal is. Frustrating. How does a truck ship, get put into an "on rail" status, then suddenly it's back at the factory? Makes no sense. I hope it's not a damage issue.

Concert tickets: I bought tickets for Roger Waters last fall. The show is next week. Bought them over a year before the actual show. In Edmonton, this has been the year of the concert, and wifey is somewhat annoyed at how much we've spent on concerts. It seems like every time I grab tickets for something, the next day something just as good goes on sale. Part fo the reasoning is that we have a new arena here in town, and there's a real push to get every tour on the planet to come here. Appears to be working! Plus other big name acts are touring, and Edmonton seems to be on the list. 

Anyway, what irked me? My new truck (2018 Ram Power Wagon) shipped two weeks ago. I have the factory invoice, a ship date, and an ETA. Found out yesterday afternoon, that the ship date was changed to "to be determined" and that the truck hasn't actually left the factory yet. Trying to reach out to the fleet guys at FCA to find out what the deal is. Frustrating. How does a truck ship, get put into an "on rail" status, then suddenly it's back at the factory? Makes no sense. I hope it's not a damage issue.

Where is your truck being built, as some of the Rams are built in Mexico?

Yeah, with all the bad storms I bet more than just automobile manufacturing can set back. I had not hear if trains were caught in flood waters, but i wouldn't be surprised.

Hopefully, if yours was damaged, they are building a replacement. We all need to watch out for flood damaged vehicles for the foreseeable future.

It's a heavy duty Ram, so definitely Mexican.

I thought it might be due to the storms, but we've had no interruptions on any of our other deliveries. I have more Rams arriving over the next few weeks, and some shipped before mine, some shipped after. Those units I can still track , and can see that they are physically en route. Our FCA fleet guy is investigating. It'll all work out. :)

And yeah, people looking at used trucks are going to have to really watch out now, especially if the truck has been registered in Texas.

...And yeah, people looking at used trucks are going to have to really watch out now, especially if the truck has been registered in Texas.

I used to know a Bulgarian used car dealer who made a fortune shipping ex-underwater high-end cars to Russia and the Balkans. He dropped out of sight somewhat suddenly, but probably not too surprisingly. You really don't want to screw some of those guys.  ;)

Apparently Pep Boys doesn't accept the Pep Boys credit card online. :angry:

At least that is the message I just got trying to buy tires online for installation later today. " We do not accept this card type".

Doing it online since they have a 30% off deal if you buy online.

Now I have to wait up for another hour to call their customer service and see what is up.

Having to shop at one place because you only have their credit card bites. I could afford to pay cash in another week or two, but one of these tires probably won't last that long and the car is an all wheel drive, so it is 4 tires or none. The others are due to be replaced anyway.

Russ

So yesterday some friends wanted to take the wife and I to the show to see a movie for her upcoming birthday. We of coarse said yes and I thought they would let my wife pick which one. They decided were taking us to see the new Blade Runner movie. We really had no interest in seeing that but.......... what the heck. Now this was just my wife and my opinion but for us it was the longest, loudest most boring movie we had seen in a long time. Was not worth our time even being free. It was nice of them to take us but we would have rather seen something else. My wife thought it would be rude to suggest another movie so i shut up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, although I'm one of those oddballs who likes winter, and loves the snow, we got our first blast of winter over the past 24 hours. And although my garage is insulated, it's not heated, so painting models is going to be a challenge for a while. So for the next few months, every time we go see my parents, I need to bring a car body or two and use my dad's spray booth.