Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

I'm sad, tired, and scared by all the violence going on what seems to be everywhere lately. Nice, France last night. Over 80 people! Five police officers in Texas last week. Police killing people? Terrorism. Wars. What's wrong with people?

What can one person like me do? Other than not be violent and hateful in return. That and keep faith in God's will. I beleive that God does not approve of this violence done in his name, to his creations.

STOP this craziness please. Killing each other indiscriminately. It's not changing anything in positive way.

I'm sad, tired, and scared by all the violence going on what seems to be everywhere lately. Nice, France last night. Over 80 people! Five police officers in Texas last week. Police killing people? Terrorism. Wars. What's wrong with people?

What can one person like me do?

You're in education if I recall correctly, so you're in a position to make at least some impact on young people about taking personal responsibility for their own actions and respecting the rights of others, at least from the standpoint of treating others as one would wish to be treated.

I don't know how you feel about the Second Amendment, but I also respectfully suggest you arm yourself and become proficient with your weapons if you aren't already.

An unarmed populace is equally vulnerable to criminals AND abusers of power. 

As much as I respect the good guys in law enforcement, they may not be able to get to you quickly enough to do you any good in a really bad situation, and bad situations seem to be becoming more and more widespread.

In the case of the Nice incident, the "weapon" of choice was a Renault truck.

Do we now ban Renault trucks?

The world is going crazy, fast. We need leadership, but we don't have it. There's no way that a rag-tag group of maniacs should be able to wreak havoc in the US, England, France, Turkey, etc. It's ridiculous that we have let them get so far. Absolutely ridiculous.

Sorry, I know that's getting awfully close to the area of politics, so I didn't name any names. But man oh man, how much more of this crap is the civilized world supposed to take without fighting back?

In the case of the Nice incident, the "weapon" of choice was a Renault truck.

Do we now ban Renault trucks?

The world is going crazy, fast. We need leadership, but we don't have it. There's no way that a rag-tag group of maniacs should be able to wreak havoc in the US, England, France, Turkey, etc. It's ridiculous that we have let them get so far. Absolutely ridiculous.

Sorry, I know that's getting awfully close to the area of politics, so I didn't name any names. But man oh man, how much more of this BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH is the civilized world supposed to take without fighting back?

I do believe in the right to bear arms. We live in a violent world. No politics here from me ever. Anything can be used as a weapon and the religion of Christianity is a different God then religions that kill unbelievers..  

You're in education if I recall correctly, so you're in a position to make at least some impact on young people about taking personal responsibility for their own actions and respecting the rights of others, at least from the standpoint of treating others as one would wish to be treated.

I don't know how you feel about the Second Amendment, but I also respectfully suggest you arm yourself and become proficient with your weapons if you aren't already.

As much as I respect the good guys in law enforcement, they may not be able to get to you quickly enough to do you any good in a really bad situation, and bad situations seem to be becoming more and more widespread.

I don't know why, and recently I've thought about it, but I can not buy a gun for protection. I like shooting. And I'm okay with with others owning guns for protection if they feel they need for them. But, somehow I hope and pray at I will never be put in a position that I need to use a weapon in violence against another human being. You may think me foolish and naive. And maybe I am. But I'm sorry, I just can not do it at this point.

Edited by unclescott58

I do believe in the right to bear arms. We live in a violent world. No politics here from me ever. Anything can be used as a weapon and the religion of Christianity is a different God then religions that kill unbelievers..  

Ah,what's the saying? "Those who forget history, are bound to repeat it." I am a Christian. But, I'm also aware that there have been a lot of people killed in the past in the name of Christianity. What Chirst thought us, and what people have done in his name are two different things.

There is another old saying. "When you point a finger at somebody, look at how many fingers are pointing back at you."

Edited by unclescott58

Ah,what's the saying? "Those who forget history, are bound to repeat it." I am a Christian. But, I'm also a where that there have been a lot of people killed in the past in the name of Christianity. What Chirst thought us, and what people have done in his name are two different things.

There is another old saying. "When you point a finger at somebody, look at how many fingers are pointing back at you."

There's another old saying that the basic versions of every major religion in the world agree on in principle (as well as non-religious philosophies of life like Zen Buddhism).

"Treat other people as you would like to be treated".

Feel sad of the killing in France, and then after yesterday something happened in Turkey. I have a friend know via Steam, good thing is I asked her and she's fine.

I really have a plan to France, to LeMans, to see the tower, and many things. Now, maybe for a long time, they're gonna hold up.

But this is just personal matters, on a wider level, I really hate terrorism. Who loves terrorism? Terrorists do.

Sometimes it makes me really scared when Killing happens, like if you just thought what you want for lunch, noodles or what, then you got killed, by those you don't even know!  This is really terrible!

I don't know why, and recently I've thought about it, but I can not buy a gun for protection. I like shooting. And I'm okay with with others owning guns for protection if they feel they need for them. But, somehow I hope and pray at I will never be put in a position that I need to use a weapon in violence against another human being. You make think me foolish and naive. And maybe I am. But I'm sorry, I just can not do it at this point.

People who do not want to carry should not and I for one respect that view. As one who does carry I can tell you that those of us who do legally carry also hope to never have to use our guns. I wish to harm nobody and also wish my family or myself not to be harmed. I do not take the responsibility of carrying a firearm lightly.

People who do not want to carry should not and I for one respect that view. As one who does carry I can tell you that those of us who do legally carry also hope to never have to use our guns. I wish to harm nobody and also wish my family or myself not to be harmed. I do not take the responsibility of carrying a firearm lightly.

im with you on that, hope it never gets used for that purpose but with where my job takes a lot i have it with me

What can one person like me do? Other than not be violent and hateful in return. That and keep faith in God's will. I beleive that God does not approve of this violence done in his name, to his creations.

STOP this craziness please. Killing each other indiscriminately. It's not changing anything in positive way.

I couldn't agree more with both of these.

Scott- understand your feelings about guns. I'm a horrible shot and it's much safer for me and everyone else if I don't have a gun.

With that said- split the difference- Louisville Slugger and pepper spray. Very effective, even if it's only to buy you enough time to get out.

Charlie Larkin

I wanted to work on my Fiat Mefistofele today, but I needed some brass rod to make fuel lines, but didn't have the correct diameter on hand. Normally I would order the stuff online, but I really wanted to work on the engine today, so I figured I'd head out to Hobbytown USA and pick up some of the diameter rod I needed. Not the Hobbytown closest to my house, but the one that is usually well-stocked. So I get there, and the K&S display rack is more than half empty. And you guessed it, the size I needed was one of the ones not there.

Ok, so I go plan B, which is to head over to the other local HBUSA that's actually closer to my house. Same deal. The K&S display rack at this HBUSA is also more than half empty, and you guessed it... the size I needed wasn't there.

Pretty frustrated now, but I was determined to come home with the brass rod I needed, and not to have wasted the entire morning. So I went to the local Hobby Lobby, and yes, the K&S rack was full, and they had what I needed. After three stores I finally found what I was looking for. Should have just gone to HL in the first place.

The moral of the story: Shouldn't it be someone's JOB to keep tabs on stock and reorder as needed? There's nothing more frustrating than driving to a brick and mortar hobby shop and finding the display rack more empty than full. Is it any wonder I prefer to shop online?

:rolleyes:

Ah,what's the saying? "Those who forget history, are bound to repeat it." I am a Christian. But, I'm also a where that there have been a lot of people killed in the past in the name of Christianity. What Chirst thought us, and what people have done in his name are two different things.

I know about the Christians who have been killed and people have  killed in the name of Christianity. I was referring the differences in the two Gods and that the bible gives no reference to killing unbelievers of Christianity.   I point no fingers and " Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"  And you do know a tree by it's fruit....

I wanted to work on my Fiat Mefistofele today, but I needed some brass rod to make fuel lines, but didn't have the correct diameter on hand. Normally I would order the stuff online, but I really wanted to work on the engine today, so I figured I'd head out to Hobbytown USA and pick up some of the diameter rod I needed. Not the Hobbytown closest to my house, but the one that is usually well-stocked. So I get there, and the K&S display rack is more than half empty. And you guessed it, the size I needed was one of the ones not there.

Ok, so I go plan B, which is to head over to the other local HBUSA that's actually closer to my house. Same deal. The K&S display rack at this HBUSA is also more than half empty, and you guessed it... the size I needed wasn't there.

Pretty frustrated now, but I was determined to come home with the brass rod I needed, and not to have wasted the entire morning. So I went to the local Hobby Lobby, and yes, the K&S rack was full, and they had what I needed. After three stores I finally found what I was looking for. Should have just gone to HL in the first place.

The moral of the story: Shouldn't it be someone's JOB to keep tabs on stock and reorder as needed? There's nothing more frustrating than driving to a brick and mortar hobby shop and finding the display rack more empty than full. Is it any wonder I prefer to shop online?

:rolleyes:

I would not have guessed that Hobby Lobby would have had it myself and would have took the same route myself...

I respect what everybody has been saying here. Despite not wanting to use a gun for protection, I'm sure if the chips are down I would do what needs to be to protect my loved ones and family. I just hope the chips never come down that way. I am greatfull for the second amendment. And those great police officers, and military men and women who protect us with their lives everyday. I'm thankful. I just hope that things do not get bad enough that I do feel the need to arm myself. There are times when I question it. But somehow, maybe stupidly, I keep thinking that those with the job of protecting me, will continue to do so. God bless them all.

it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.:huh:

a gun lets you be in control before the police get there.

Exactly.

I don't live in a high crime area. There's almost no violent crime of any kind.

A little more than two years ago, while I was drowsily reading in bed late at night, two men kicked my front door open and came in screaming, after one of them had tried to climb in the bedroom window. That one was obviously whacked out of his skull on something chemical, shouting that I was in HIS house, and my warning shot failed to stop his advance. Had I not been armed and prepared to defend my person, I might very well be dead or have been beaten to the point of being a vegetable. People don't kick your door open in the middle of the night if they don't intend to do you harm.

I had no previous dealings with the perpetrators, one of whom got away clean and was never apprehended. The incident is a matter of public record.

Until you've been in a situation facing a person whose sole intent is to do violence to you, I can see how it may be possible to be ambivalent about gun ownership.

After you've been there, you will have no doubt whatsoever.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Insane bastards attacking police for some misplaced and totally illogical grievance. The problem, besides the tragic loss of the lives of decent cops who are there to protect the citizens, is that this will only continue to fuel the idiot rhetoric of the anti-gun mob who don't realize bad guys will be bad guys no matter HOW MANY restrictive laws are passed. That's what makes them bad guys...not their access to weapons...but the fact that laws and other peoples' rights mean NOTHING to them.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy