Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius `65 Plymouth Satellite

Very nice piece..Unfortunately the tail light is upside down..The flat part should be on top and the curved part on the bottom..Not liking the glue in w/shield and rear glass..Would be better from under the body..Otherwise very nicely done with the right proportions..Excellent..This will be a huge success and with maybe some other versions Belvedere with a bench seat,drag versions..Going to be BIG...

I agree with Dave Metzner on the taillights. I always regretted AMT taking the 49 Mercury taillights off the chrome tree and molding them in the clear red. Good luck getting nice chrome trim on those odd shaped roundy-round pieces! As much as I like clear red taillight lenses, occasionally, they just don't work.

I usually use Testors 1104 Dark Red for my lenses. It's just translucent enough that one coat usually gives you a very realistic lense. Sometimes I'll spray Testors 1204 in a paint lid, and flow that in. Works great on small detailed lenses.

Anyway, I think Mobius has another hit on their hands. Looking fwd to the 65 Comet!

Edited by Dave Darby

As much as I like clear red taillight lenses, occasionally, they just don't work.

I agree . The only time that clear red (or chromed , but to a lesser degree) is frustrating to me is when back-up lights are moulded as part of the lens !

Pearl White paint is fine , but there's no dimension to it !

I just looked at the underside pics again, doesn't the center section of the 8 1/4 inch rear end look a bit undersize.

post-1515-0-87711500-1420166028.jpg

I'll be getting at least one of these, but I'm wondering what's with the circles on the rear of the chassis, outboard of the springs? What are they supposed to represent?

I'll be getting at least one of these, but I'm wondering what's with the circles on the rear of the chassis, outboard of the springs? What are they supposed to represent?

I guess they are rubber plugs just like David suggested, but here is a proof that they are there on real '65 Satellite:

593_p72_l.jpg

Edited by W-409

I just looked at the underside pics again, doesn't the center section of the 8 1/4 inch rear end look a bit undersize.

post-1515-0-87711500-1420166028.jpg

I meant 8 3/4 inch rear end, not 8 1/4 as my fumble fingers accidentally wrote.

I think the rear end would look a bit beefier than that, but it might be the picture.