Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius `65 Plymouth Satellite

Looks great but if you look at the third picture the top of the windshield still looks like a 54 Chevy. With what tooling cost and what we have to pay for a kit it does look like the model companies would try to get them right. Elvin

Fellas, I got to see the Moebius Plymouth in 3D yesterday at NNL East on the table, and pictures don't do it justice! You will NOT be disappointed when this baby hits the shelves in the not too distant future! You all know how critical I am of body lines and such, and all I can say is that Moebius has hit this one out of the ballpark and then some!

That's how nice I think this one is, and will be a super great seller for Moebius!

Looks great but if you look at the third picture the top of the windshield still looks like a 54 Chevy. With what tooling cost and what we have to pay for a kit it does look like the model companies would try to get them right. Elvin

If you look at a lot of photos of the real car, and carefully analyze the exact shape of the windshield, it looks to me to be a really tough one to get right.

In some shots of the real car, the center of the top of the glass appears to be flatter than the model, while the corners appear to have more wrap.

In other shots, the windshield as-modeled appears to be exactly as the real car is proportioned and curved.

Based on what Bill Geary's had to say...a man who's posted numerous well-documented and photographed threads on correcting flaws in kits, who spots what's wrong easily, and who's seen the actual kit up close and personal... I'd be inclined to accept that this kit is pretty close to spot-on.

Fellas, I got to see the Moebius Plymouth in 3D yesterday at NNL East on the table, and pictures don't do it justice! You will NOT be disappointed when this baby hits the shelves in the not too distant future! You all know how critical I am of body lines and such, and all I can say is that Moebius has hit this one out of the ballpark and then some!

That's how nice I think this one is, and will be a super great seller for Moebius!

If the Brewmaster says it's beer-it's beer.

Yeah, this.

By the way, Steve Goldman, nice build-up on that test-shot.

Bill- nice to finally make your acquaintance yesterday.

Charlie Larkin

Just curious, I have heard from a few people that were at NNL, that Moebius was not there, so where they hiding somewhere in a corner and just easy to miss ?

Here's the story ...... Dave couldn't make the trip so Moebius wasn't officially there but I've been quietly working with Dave Metzner on a few things since last fall. One of those projects turned into a build up / review story for Bill Coulter and a future issue of MCM on the 65 Satellite kit. Since I managed to finish it a few days before the NNL East, I contact Dave and he said I could display it.

My plan was to place it on the Factory Stock table and see if anyone would notice so basically it was hiding in plain sight. I think it's safe to say it got noticed .....

For the record the build up was done using mostly 3rd round test shot parts so it's the same parts Dave used in his box art build up. That's about 98% of the final product only changes being some pin locations and couple of other insignificant items.

Steve

Steve, you did a great buildup of this kit that really conveys the subject matter in a positive manner. I've not seen this one in person yet, but from the pictures of your build, it sure looks to me to be a fine model kit on the way. TIM

PS - will be looking forward to the Coulter/Goldman article on this one. TB

Here's the story ...... Dave couldn't make the trip so Moebius wasn't officially there but I've been quietly working with Dave Metzner on a few things since last fall. One of those projects turned into a build up / review story for Bill Coulter and a future issue of MCM on the 65 Satellite kit. Since I managed to finish it a few days before the NNL East, I contact Dave and he said I could display it.

My plan was to place it on the Factory Stock table and see if anyone would notice so basically it was hiding in plain sight. I think it's safe to say it got noticed .....

For the record the build up was done using mostly 3rd round test shot parts so it's the same parts Dave used in his box art build up. That's about 98% of the final product only changes being some pin locations and couple of other insignificant items.

Steve