Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius `65 Plymouth Satellite

Wow they chrome back then! but is that only on the 426 wadge and or was the 383 that way too?

The 426-S ("Street Wedge") was a *stopgap* engine ; an upgrade from the 383 . The 440 was a C-body-only engine in 1966 (Chrysler's "T-N-T" was the first high perf version , which is a little-known fact). IIRC , the 1967 440 Magnum / Super Commando had plated valve covers , too ...

The 426-S ("Street Wedge") was a *stopgap* engine ; an upgrade from the 383 . The 440 was a C-body-only engine in 1966 (Chrysler's "T-N-T" was the first high perf version , which is a little-known fact). IIRC , the 1967 440 Magnum / Super Commando had plated valve covers , too ...

Now that some good info to know thank you!

the only engine is 1965 to get the chrome air cleaner and valve covers was a 426 wedge with a single 4 barrel carb. ( excluding hemi )

I am about 99 % sure the 383 was engine color valve covers and black air cleaner

I had a 383 four barrel 65 Coronet and a 426 street wedge 65 Coronet. Your are correct the 383 had painted valve covers and a black small air cleaner and the street wedge had a chrome air cleaner and chrome valve covers.

• 4 weeks later...

Nope, this would most likely be a production sample. The manufacturer will air freight a case or two over in advance of the main shipment which rides a container ship from China. That way they can check them make sure everything's Ok before the boat leaves and send a few out for magazine reviews or test builds to buddies and folks who helped with the kit design.

I believe, unless I've lost track of things, the reason why this kit is teetering on being released even though it was announced after/with several pending projects is that this is the first tool out of the new contractor that Moebius was moving to after all the delays and frustrations with the Fords and other kits. Be interested to see how it compares in quality & workmanship to the "old" tooling contractor.

I have been looking at the '65 Belvedere brochure. Lots of good information concerning option and color combinations. Maybe one day I will build one of my '65 Dodge Coronet 500's. I think one of them will be a good book end for the Satellite.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

I soo much want this kit I can't think straight anymore, not only for the subject ,but to have another time line piece in the development of a model company run by enthusiasts, Q3 & 4 are going to be freaking fantastic.

Thank you team Moebius, and thanks Gerry for the photo's.

As far to future siblings....where are the times when Monogram already put the product numbers and molding color, on a big tab on one of the runners

;)