Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius `65 Plymouth Satellite

80%20%281%29-X2.jpg

Hopefully, it's due to lense distortion. But, the crown at the top of the windshield looks excessive to my eyes. Another concern is the seeming (note seeming) lack of depth of the engraving on the grille. It looks like there isn't even enough depth to hold paint to black out the openings. Something that isn't lense distortion, is the position of the door handle. That's a dead giveaway that something isn't right there. The door handle should be horizontal, not at a 45 degree angle. One may be able to modify the door handle slightly by re shaping it where it mounts to the door and fake it. Here's a good closeup photo of that area.. http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/indianapolis/1965/plymouth/satellite-S76.html

Check the closeup photo of the driver's mirror.

Hopefully, it's due to lense distortion. But, the crown at the top of the windshield looks excessive to my eyes. Another concern is the seeming (note seeming) lack of depth of the engraving on the grille. It looks like there isn't even enough depth to hold paint to black out the openings. Something that isn't lense distortion, is the position of the door handle. That's a dead giveaway that something isn't right there. The door handle should be horizontal, not at a 45 degree angle. One may be able to modify the door handle slightly by re shaping it where it mounts to the door and fake it. Here's a good closeup photo of that area.. http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/indianapolis/1965/plymouth/satellite-S76.html

Check the closeup photo of the driver's mirror.

Take my word.......the photo you reference is not what the actual model looks like. When I saw the picture I was shocked......I had not noticed it looking like that. Checked my pics and it's just that photo. Not sure why it looks so 'off ' but just the photo. Fantastic kit.

Take my word.......the photo you reference is not what the actual model looks like. When I saw the picture I was shocked......I had not noticed it looking like that. Checked my pics and it's just that photo. Not sure why it looks so 'off ' but just the photo. Fantastic kit.

You're right. I'm thinking it may be the angle of the camera. Typically, you don't see much of the headliner on a model. It could also explain why the top of the windshield looks so wonky in only that photo.

Check the closeup photo of the driver's mirror

As Bill Geary said, the test shot model was at NNL and is awesome! I saw it, it is dead on. The grill is awesome which has depth. All comments that I heard at NNL was very positive and unless you see it, you can't determine any faults with it. Sorry, but I did not see any major faults and excited that is will soon come our way.

My hat is off to Moebius for a great job on a subject we never had before. I wish people would hold their comments until they have the actual model in their hands. It seems most experts make comments based on pictures that distort the subject.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, realy goes the extra mile, in making us believe it's a model kit.

For starters he removed all engine wiring from his car

;):D

Again a job well done Steve.

Likewise for team Moebius!

Good one Luc ! I would have normally added engine wiring, heater hoses and lines but that not really an out of the box build. Still there's a lot of detail in that engine bay in my opinion.

Steve

I'm sorry but I haven't been following along, are there extra parts in this kit, like hot rod accessories or even factory hop up stuff? or maybe a competition version on the drawing board? It really looks great as it is and that is a very nice buildup above, really shows what can be done with it and nothing else.

jb