Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Saw a dead TVR Tasmin at a little shop close to where I live. Went in to find out the story on it, and basically, nobody there knows anything about it or what to do for parts, manuals, etc. I'll be doing some work on it over the weekend, as I used to work on that funky old stuff when it was new.

I've never been a fan of the styling particularly, but the cars are light, nimble, and have an interesting tubular space-frame.

FRN%20423W.jpg

1359162906607334.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I was headed south on the NJ Turnpike on my way home from my model meeting today. In the north bound shoulder there was a Hummer stretch limo sitting there with the hood up. There was an entire wedding party standing on the grass. Once I got past that, I noticed that all four north bound lanes had stopped dead for a mile due to people rubber necking on that scene!

Wish I would have had time to snap a picture, but this morning on the way to work, I saw 2001 Mustang Bullitt edition with fat/skinny tires on it... Guy musta been driving it to work to take it to the drag strip later today for test n tune. Looked tough for sure.

Modelhaus makes 4 different years of Metros 54,55 59 60.  all kits make either a hardtop or a convertible.....based on the old Hubley kit, they're 1/24th scale.

There was also a Hudson badged Metro in 1-1 scale...

Edited by mike 51

I saw it on the news. But, on the road, we got a fire burning on the Cajon Pass. A few cars, trucks, a boat, a big truck, and a tow truck that were stopped on the freeway caught fire. Highway patrol shut the freeway down, the fire crossed the freeway and across traffic. It's a wild thing to be watching on the news. It's about 15 to 20 miles from my house, I know a few people that are the evacuation area.

Saw a '58 T-Bird on the back of a wrecker the other day while heading to work that appeared to need some rust work.  Sadly  considering the the same wrecker was pulling a beat up 20+ year old Mercedes sedan, I'm hoping the  Bird wasn't on it's last ride.

Not on the road but on a truck at the Flying J, about $300,000 of Aston Martin Vantage.

11667969_10153555570313755_1449662342_n1

Wow! That's an odd way to transport such an expensive car... how did they get it up there? Series of ramps? Or once the owner was out of sight, did they just jam a fork lift under it? :lol:

Probably ramps. I wouldn't want to be the brave soul who drove it up there though.

Just off the road in a restaurant front lawn.A perfectly maintained 20's Oakland. the owner told me he's had it since 1969. A Boss 302 and a neat Monte.

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

These were supposed tp be two separate posts & it merged them, told me so too. Not sure why it did that.

Edited by landman