Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Beautiful blue (well, originally beautiful) Lamborghini Aventador playing Car-B-Que on the street in Scottsdale, just off the freeway. Big, gaping black hole where the body work used to be.  Scottsdale FD on scene and - sorry - no pictures as Scottsdale PD was moving looky-loos like me through the fire scene rather quickly. 

Sad to see such a high-dollar supercar cook itself off. Incendiary suicide.  

Today at an antique collective store in Sonoma, CA.  (Nothing I was interested in except for protecting the family finances)

1955 Ford Victoria with Ford-O-Matic proudly emblazoned on the trunk.  Funky cell phone camera pretty much captured the colors though the camera operator contributed to the fuzzyness..

AdDNu7v.jpg

Edited by The Junkman
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

Today at an antique collective store in Sonoma, CA.  (Nothing I was interested in except for protecting the family finances)

1955 Ford Victoria with Ford-O-Matic proudly emblazoned on the trunk.  Funky cell phone camera pretty much captured the colors though the camera operator contributed to the fuzzyness..

AdDNu7v.jpg

Nice to see a regular Victoria restored. A lot of these got cut up to restore Crown Vics & Convertibles as they all share the same doors & other parts. 

2 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

You can see some nice cars cruising 4th Street in Calgary during the summer, so I had lunch at one of the many cafes on the street to see if I could photograph a few.

IMG_0257.thumb.jpg.ae7d81917f1f4e38c3d4cdfbed608fe8.jpgIMG_0260.thumb.jpg.b98895b355acaf7a247232c08aae60a1.jpg

I reckon Calgary is pretty nice town full stop. Liked it a lot when I was there some years ago when doing the Rocky Mountaineer.

steve

Not today, but last Saturday. Lakeville Highway near Sonoma/Sears Point Raceway. RAM TRX and a Corvette racing, crossing double yellows, etc. No, I didn't get out my phone to snap a pic, this is a screenshot from the dashcam video.

216760640_Screenshot2023-08-28172038.png.44a03155e6aac76fe7a8689ca8305eae.png

Saw it yesterday but couldn't snap a pic of my own.

This beauty is at a local Honda dealer.

wow.jpg

https://www.wheatonhonda.com/inventory/used-1989-chevrolet-corvette-hatchback-2-dr-1g1yy2188k5100275/

Paint job aside, this is a pretty awesome car for $17k CDN. And under 28k km. That's about $12500 US and 17500 miles.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

I assume the big flares are needed because of the big tires and that the track is increased compared to a standard Bronco? 

Or they're over-compensating for some perceived lack in their life?  😏  But you're probably correct.  In California there is required to be a barrier (fender, mud flap, flares) that extends to the outer most portion of the tread.  Not that the law is enforced.....

1 hour ago, The Junkman said:

Or they're over-compensating for some perceived lack in their life?  😏  But you're probably correct.  In California there is required to be a barrier (fender, mud flap, flares) that extends to the outer most portion of the tread.  Not that the law is enforced.....

They sure used to enforce it, back when we put those extra-long shackles on the back with deep dished 10" wide wheels and half the tire tread outside of the body. We thought we were so cool. 

4 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

I assume the big flares are needed because of the big tires and that the track is increased compared to a standard Bronco? 

3 hours ago, tbill said:

That’s a special kind of ugly….

(just my personal opinion, your mileage may vary)

Correct on both counts!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RSchnell said:

Not exactly sure what this is based on or what it is even supposed to be. Tried to get pic of the front end but it was just as butt ugly as the rest of the car. The leather fender skirts are a nice touch.

IMG_20230829_150511887.jpg

IMG_20230829_150130052_HDR.jpg

It's not the ugliest thing I've seen on Florida highways. :D

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RSchnell said:

Not exactly sure what this is based on or what it is even supposed to be. Tried to get pic of the front end but it was just as butt ugly as the rest of the car. The leather fender skirts are a nice touch.

IMG_20230829_150511887.jpg

IMG_20230829_150130052_HDR.jpg

That just looks like a whole bunch of stuff that doesn’t belong together….