Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 11/25/2023 at 3:13 PM, Keef said:

I saw a 64 Pontiac Catalina today like this one(was driving and couldn’t get a pic)it was the same color with a white painted top and what looked like polished torque thrusts. Older guy driving, I gave him a thumbs up and he smiled and waved and goosed it a little. Sounded very healthy to me.

IMG_9250.jpeg

That car is usually at the hardees in Rossville every sat/sun morning. 

On 12/16/2023 at 10:36 PM, sfhess said:

One of the members of the So Cal Cougar Club showed up today with his father in the father's 59 Thunderbird...

IMG_20231216_112139808_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231216_112202965_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231216_112213299_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231216_112235737_HDR.jpg

So clean ! Love the Fairlane in the background too.

A trip the other day down the old highway yielded this bit of inspiration  B)

DSCN0391.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, The Junkman said:

Kinda like the massive and lifted 4WD pickups that will never touch dirt, I'd imagine it will never leave a Home Depot with a sheet of plywood and a couple bags of concrete mix.

Yeah, over the last several decades pickup trucks have morphed from utility vehicles to luxury transportation that could theoretically be used for some utility tasks. The keyword is "theoretically". :)

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 5:01 PM, peteski said:

Yeah, over the last several decades pickup trucks have morphed from utility vehicles to luxury transportation that could theoretically be used for some utility tasks. The keyword is "theoretically". :)

Round here in Yorkshire I see lots of pickups and the vast majority, Isuzu, Ford, Merc, Toyota, etc, are all working vehicles.

Would still like one to play with though. 😃

steve

I had to ride with this kid to a job site once...... He had put tires on his pickup that were meant for offroad use. After he reached about 45 mph, chunks of tire were flying off. About a mile down the road, you could smell the rubber being ruined! I was thinking 'what a maroon' to spend all that money on those tires just to ruin them on pavement.....