Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

In downtown LA yesterday:
2023 Aston Martin Vantage.  Candy apple red.
Yellow Jaguar XK-120
LAPD "tactical" vehicle.

I spent some time in LA Union Station while waiting for my brother, who needed to be in court nearby.  Very cool place to hang out.  It has been maintained very well.  

Edited by sfhess

I've seen this Model A pickup parked on the south side of Prescott's Plaza before, was able to get a good picture.
IMG_8515.thumb.jpeg.8c4fb6d56c0b63416f39593febf2994d.jpeg

I'm a member of the Prescott Antique Auto Club, we had our first cruise night yesterday.  I dig the Honda 600Z, it could fit in the bed of my '68 (recently put a new 350 HO crate engine in whoo hoo!!).
IMG_8524.thumb.jpeg.fbb1d48172b152432b8a5a811307c05f.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I've seen this Model A pickup parked on the south side of Prescott's Plaza before, was able to get a good picture.
IMG_8515.thumb.jpeg.8c4fb6d56c0b63416f39593febf2994d.jpeg

I'm a member of the Prescott Antique Auto Club, we had our first cruise night yesterday.  I dig the Honda 600Z, it could fit in the bed of my '68 (recently put a new 350 HO crate engine in whoo hoo!!).
IMG_8524.thumb.jpeg.fbb1d48172b152432b8a5a811307c05f.jpeg

Nice.  Did you get any photos of the 1800ES?

Wonder about a car I saw in traffic yesterday. Stop and go traffic on a 6-lane surface street with everyone either on their brakes or their gas, not a good time to whip out the phone for a picture. What I saw was a new or newer Dodge charger with R/T markings in a shade of light brown I had never seen before. My question has to do with the license plate. We see a lot of plates from other states here, no big deal, but this was a Neveda plate and had a prefix of P over D and then a number. Maybe someone here familiar with Nevada PD cars can clarify what I saw. A couple of unique looking features besides the unusual color. The windows were tinted all the way around and was darker than what we are allowed here. The tires were as wide as you would see on a Hell Cat but had more sidewall to the tires and the wheels were alloys painted black. The car had the low rear deck spoiler, not seen on PD cars around here. Looked like someone had sort of fixed up a nice R/T until you get to the license plate. No lights, push bars, antennas, or spotlight. Oh, and a couple of hard day's drive from his jurisdiction if it was a Neveda PD.  

1 hour ago, stavanzer said:

I saw a Tesla Cybertruck in Bakersfield! Out of 3878 Sold, one made it here. I've seen it twice now. Not Impressive in person. It looks oddly toylike and awkwardly proportioned.

I personally think it looks like a 3 year old's drawing of a truck. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Earl Marischal said:

I had to look that up. Never heard of it before. 

steve

Fortunately the car's name was easy to read on the back.

I also saw a new Hyundai Santa Fe. pretty cool with the new boxy styling.

saw a dodge demon with the wide arches running around today and a mk4 golf with a vr5 (we didn't get the vr5), and a new shape caddy van in lamborghini orange wrap on bags and rotiforms. also a couple of italian registered 70s merc(ede)s with vintage caravan behind them

79-80 Trans Am.  Really nice, black with gold striping.

First-gen Saturn SL1

Tesla S that was either painted or wrapped in a color similar to 65 GM Evening Orchid/Iris Mist.