Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

17 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

An odd thing to see here in the UK, and maybe not that common now in its homeland?

1993 Dodge Daytona 2.2

'93 Daytona 2.2, first registered here in 2003 and off the road since 2014.

probably originally owned by a us service member and sold when they went back home. theres a few bases within that registration area and you often get ag on us cars

1 hour ago, stitchdup said:

probably originally owned by a us service member and sold when they went back home. theres a few bases within that registration area and you often get ag on us cars

Yup, certainly seen a few USAF cars in East Anglia over the years. They also bring some interesting Japanese stuff if they've come from Okinawa.

3 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

An odd thing to see here in the UK, and maybe not that common now in its homeland?

'93 Daytona 2.2, first registered here in 2003 and off the road since 2014.

Definitely a rarity in this part of Canada! used to be everywhere back in the late 80s / early 90s. 

Always thought these were a cool car. Even though their underpinnings where pretty bland.

21 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

Saw this the other day, noticed they are from Alaska!  Looks like a cool camper, never saw one before.

I checked out their website. Pretty cool little campers. A lot more basic than those campers that are well into the 6 figures. And I like the more basic approach. They still look quite nice, and I wouldn't be afraid to get a little dirt in them.

I also find it interesting that they appear to be using the same LED light on the back that I have bolted to my fence in the backyard!

• Like 1

While out running errands today I noticed a couple hot rods turning in to the agricultural center property where a variety of events of all sorts are hosted year round. Today was an automotive parts swap meet. I mainly went to scout for kits and came home with only a few photos of vehicles in the lot/field. There was a 40's Woodie and '66 Nova wagon that got away before I could snap one off. 😠

Note.. The Volvo nor the bugs are not Hot Rods.. 😁

20240322_115258~2(1).jpg

20240322_142615(1).jpg

20240322_142405(1).jpg

Edited by A modeler named mike
  • Like 1

Not on the road but close! This is on a used car lot a couple blocks from the house. It's a GMC heavy duty panel but it is very long. Could it have been a Civil Defense truck? That would explain the color. I can't see any rust on it and it looks complete though a little sun faded. Would make a good reatoration project or resto-rod.

aaaagmcFront.jpg

aaaagmcside.jpg

• Like 1

Big black Maybach sedan.  In West LA, of course.

Ferrari 458.

And a big crash between a Toyota pickup and Mercedes SUV thing that happened right in front of me on the freeway.

I was at a friend's repair shop yesterday. I should have taken a picture of the car I saw, a '69 Chevelle, looked like a base model painted a rich maroon. It had a mild 350 in it, column shift but clean. I asked my friend to ask the owner if he would take $15k for it.