Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

After 3 soaks in the purple pond this is as good as it’s going to get. I’m going to “Revive It” because one screw up was spraying Duplicolor Clear Coat on it. The paint wrinkled right up. Last time. 2 Coats of paint. Next day gave it another coat of paint and the paint wrinkled up. So I’m happy with it now. 🙂

4AD7A8E6-4992-4159-A98A-7410283A5DFD.jpeg

• Like 2

The sight of the 340 in my Valiant made me pretty darn happy. It’s only temporarily mocked up as I’m waiting for a cam and a few other things for it but I can now measure up the driveshaft, build a transmission crossmember and test fit/clearance headers before I send them off to get coated. 

A37CF4CF-B874-49F3-A218-56F82CAC57C3.jpeg

D601B314-008C-4D7F-B59B-8631405B210B.jpeg

• Like 4

On 9/19/2022 at 1:46 PM, ewetwo said:

After 3 soaks in the purple pond this is as good as it’s going to get. I’m going to “Revive It” because one screw up was spraying Duplicolor Clear Coat on it. The paint wrinkled right up. Last time. 2 Coats of paint. Next day gave it another coat of paint and the paint wrinkled up. So I’m happy with it now. 🙂

4AD7A8E6-4992-4159-A98A-7410283A5DFD.jpeg

Looks great David!

On 9/19/2022 at 10:11 PM, 426 pack said:

The sight of the 340 in my Valiant made me pretty darn happy. It’s only temporarily mocked up as I’m waiting for a cam and a few other things for it but I can now measure up the driveshaft, build a transmission crossmember and test fit/clearance headers before I send them off to get coated. 

A37CF4CF-B874-49F3-A218-56F82CAC57C3.jpeg

D601B314-008C-4D7F-B59B-8631405B210B.jpeg

Real nice engine Cale, looking forward too your progress!

Just got in the mail yesterday two nice built Road Runners. One's a 1976 from MPC and the other's a 1969 from Johan. The model that I want is a 1974 Chevy Caprice by MPC which I hope to find with a vendor at The Classic Plastic model car show in Lawrence Mass. on the second of October.

1 hour ago, Slotto said:

Arriving at the office this morning and looking up at the sky. I love to see red skys and I always take pictures of them.

20220922_064944.thumb.jpg.6d0dd0977996b1a08674d037a9fb3049.jpg

on this side of the pond a sky like that means you dont have long left to harvest your crops cos its gonna get very wet within the next 2 or 3 days

54 minutes ago, Joe Handley said:

We did our monthly family HyVee trip today. At one point while shopping, my nearly 3 y/o niece grabbed a Crayola neon paint set her parents were getting for her and started naming off every color on the box correctly!

I still can’t believe she’s going to be 3 in a few weeks!

I remember you posting a picture when she was born and later with a multi color top and a big smile sitting on a blanket outside..  she is a beautiful little girl. Time goes by fast.

4 hours ago, slusher said:

I remember you posting a picture when she was born and later with a multi color top and a big smile sitting on a blanket outside..  she is a beautiful little girl. Time goes by fast.

It does go by fast, and she’s normally a very good little girl, especially when Grampa goes to babysit her if her parents and her Dad’s Mom all have to work at the same time.  She’s also started playing with the buttons on Grampa’s mobility scooter and the head unit in his minivan…….which my Sister may have to watch for since her car has the same one!

Sold a large pile of kits to a scond hand kit shop. It cleared a lot of space and would have paid for most of my 3d printer if i hadn't ordered it already so in place of cash i'm going for store credit. It should get me a case of the revell e-trons and a load of tamiya bugs.