Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

@Ed, man that looks inviting.  I'd just have to go down that path....

There are some places in the woods around my town.   All of a sudden going off a rural road between the trees is a small asphalt road.  I went for a cruise on the Vespa today and took several of these small roads just to have a look.  GREAT!  Maybe some pics coming up of Black Forest side roads.

Thanks Ed for posting.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures! I spent a year West of you back in '72. I was based in Kaiserslautern and spent some time on a hill top in Bad Duerkheim.

Kaiserslautern

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures! I spent a year West of you back in '72. I was based in Kaiserslautern and spent some time on a hill top in Bad Duerkheim.

Kaiserslautern

Ha! 1969 to 1972 I lived in Pirmasens, just down the road!   May have bumped into you in the K-Town Px!

Guys, tomorrow is supposed to be a great day weather wise.  I'm riding out and see if I can come up with some German forest pics.  The roads are cool too.  Lots of them are still only about 8 feet wide still showing the old pavement markings, read really old.  These are roads that are just not used anymore, other than forestry use and vigilance. 

Who knows! I was in the 1st Sig Btn.

My father was an army officer and I was 12-14 while in Germany.  I had a girl friend that moved from Pirmasens to K-Town and I would take the army bus there on Saturdays to see if she was home!  We didn't have phones, so I'd just go there!  Sometimes went home empty handed.

I belong to three different Facebook groups for Pirmasens and have reconnected with people I knew back then.  Pirmasens post was dissolved  back in the 1990s and turned over to the Germans.  It's odd seeing our old street gone civilian!  A few years ago I noticed that all the photos of Hilltop missed showing my house.  There was a German guy in one of the Pirmasens groups who went there to take a photo of my old house for me.  He sent me a photo of a newer house!  It turns out that several of the houses there were demolished, including mine!  

My father was an army officer and I was 12-14 while in Germany.  I had a girl friend that moved from Pirmasens to K-Town and I would take the army bus there on Saturdays to see if she was home!  We didn't have phones, so I'd just go there!  Sometimes went home empty handed.

I belong to three different Facebook groups for Pirmasens and have reconnected with people I knew back then.  Pirmasens post was dissolved  back in the 1990s and turned over to the Germans.  It's odd seeing our old street gone civilian!  A few years ago I noticed that all the photos of Hilltop missed showing my house.  There was a German guy in one of the Pirmasens groups who went there to take a photo of my old house for me.  He sent me a photo of a newer house!  It turns out that several of the houses there were demolished, including mine!  

I'm guessing we didn't run into each other. One of the places I was at is no longer, Kapaun Barracks. The second K-Town location is still there, Kleber Kaserne. My Zero and I liven in Hohenecken behind Kapaun. I loved the Country and it's Bier!

I was happy to get out and just goof off today.  Here a couple of pics from really small roads going through the forests, I really enjoy these cruises on the Vespa.

photo -IMG_0967_zpsfuwlzlsn.jpg

Just up around the next curve is this great place to eat and enjoy a cool beer and classic German food out on the terrace.  Schnitzel anyone?  This place is way out in the woods;

photo -IMG_0970_zpskqd6yp5x.jpg

Just to the right of the restaurant it goes up into the woods;

photo -IMG_0973_zpsfrssgyjx.jpg

photo -IMG_0972_zpshxze9sbk.jpg

The road gets smaller;

photo -IMG_0977_zpsdpqkcdir.jpg

This goes on for miles, I really like it in the summer, hit the shady woods and the temp really drops.  Great in the summer heat.  Finally, I end up here.  A cool one and a bite to eat.  The house was built in 1670. Excellent food and not expensive.  A typical German restaurant in small towns around where I live.  They're all over the place;

photo -IMG_0979_zpsuft1zowa.jpg

Next time around I'll have the camera focused better, sorry.

As I was looking out my living room window this AM, I spotted a couple of older guys walking their little dogs.

One guy let his little dog take a big poo on my lawn...which irked me, as later today I'm planning to mow the grass.

Before I could open the door and say something about it, the poo-dog master got out a plastic bag and a spoon and cleaned up after his canine friend.

It's always pleasing to see people who take responsibility for their actions...and those of their pets.   :D

Michael, where in Germany are you?   Fun photos.

Hi Tom, you know well the country roads too, lots of forests and rural areas around Pirmasens.

I'm in central Germany, right along the Rhine River.  Wine region number one in Germany.   River, Rheingau wines and Rüdesheim, plus mountains and lots of rural areas here too.  I'm happy here.  Great food and the folks love to laugh.

A clean machine is a happy machine. :D

Thanks Bill, it cost me about $70 if you include the Krackle and Coke I bought to munch on while I waited and the $10 tip I gave the guy, but was worth it after putting 20k on the car did since late March '15 with it only sitting for more than a couple hours while I was at work or at home in bed.  To be honest, short of a full on detail job or going further and handling it over to a body shop to fix the body damage that is has received over the last 4 years (scratches on roof, both bumpers and rear bumper insert need replacement, drivers side rear door dent, none of which are mine, and now that white mark over the bumper on the right rear corner that might actually be mine:angry: ) and having a whole bunch of extra clear added over the touched up areas and on the still good areas to bring it back up to snuff...................

Edited by Joe Handley