Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

15 hours ago, 426 pack said:

Yesterday I got my drivers license. I have wanted to have it since before I could remember so I’m super happy.

Now go do a burnout in front of the local PoPo, to prove your worthy.

18 hours ago, cobraman said:

For sure you don't want to do that. I did some stupid things in my younger days and ended up with my insurance payments more than my car payment.

You don't even need to do something stupid, you just need to be young.

One of my staff is 22 years old. She just bought a 2017 Nissan Sentra. She pays just under $200 CDN bi-weekly and her insurance is $553 per month. Clean license, no violations or accidents.

39 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

One of my staff is 22 years old. She just bought a 2017 Nissan Sentra. She pays just under $200 CDN bi-weekly and her insurance is $553 per month. Clean license, no violations or accidents.

Something is really wrong with the insurance companies when your insurance is higher than your car payment.

4 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I was in the insurance racket for a bit over 25 years, which doesn't mean much other than I have seen a few things.  When a car insurance premium is this high for a rather vanilla car, it is a good indicator that something else is going on.  Usually it's a husband or wife, boyfriend or girlfriend who is in the picture and this person has a terrible driving record or really bad credit. 

If there is nothing going on behind the scenes, she should really shop her coverage. 

Johnny Holt's (OldTrucker) post of his beautiful '31 Cadillac prompted me to go back and look at the one I posted in 2015. This posting in my thread made my day.

Beautiful! And I love the interior shots. B)

Harry Pristovnik

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx

21 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

I got up this morning. Today is the 4 year anniversary of my heart attack.  After being told by the ER doctor that they didn't expect me to survive I am am truly greatful for every day.

Happy to celebrate that with you!     :)    

46 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

I got up this morning. Today is the 4 year anniversary of my heart attack.  After being told by the ER doctor that they didn't expect me to survive I am am truly greatful for every day.

Right on! 

12 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Wonderful Bob...

13 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Congrats Bob and I hope that your survival continues at least 'till you get all your models built and a few more along the way. I too am grateful for each and every day for a lot of reasons.