Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

On 6/16/2018 at 6:35 PM, cobraman said:

My daughter got lucky. Offered and closed on the second place she/they looked at. 40 grand under their budget in Lincoln Park, Chicago. 

Congrats!   We went with my daughter to see a house on Sunday morning.  It had just been listed on Saturday and had an open house on Sunday. We thought there wouldn't be a lot of people because it was Father's Day, but we were wrong.  All kinds of people looking!

It was just an older ranch with small bedrooms and a bad family room addition.  They put in a bid $2000 OVER list price.  Today they find that there are SIX contracts for the house. And it wasn't even a great house!

I recorded all the Barrett Jackson shows to watch at my leisure. I watched the first 3 hours just a few hours ago.

Did any of you guys happen to catch the beautiful, black '65 Barracuda sell? It was just about 30 minutes in. It was a numbers matching, all original, 45,000 miles car with a 273 and a Carter AFB. It only brought $14,500. I know it's a 1st generation A-body, but I just figured it would bring over $20K.

Went for a short drive yesterday with the wife and wanted to see what new shopping center is under construction (because you can never have enough retail outlets!) and lo and behold, there will be a new Hobby Lobby within 10 miles of my house later this year. Sure hope the wife doesn't get any crazy ideas about us shopping together there, then she will know how much I spend on model kits!