Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

On 6/5/2018 at 4:47 AM, russosborne said:

Gee, for me that is an irk.

Not that YOU woke up alive, but that I did.

Russ

My father-in-law is irked that I did and that's after 48 years come July 30th!:lol:

I'm starting to get the feeling that he may never get to like me!:P

a couple of days ago I got a job working with my Dad in the oil patch as a helper/crew hand (that means I get all the jobs no one else wants to do) I work around 10-12 hour days a few times a week. The cool thing is I’m around big V12 and l8 motors with turbos bigger than a big block Chevy and there generators are powered by 8.1L Chevy engines.

The pics below are 2 of the 8.1L Chevy generators. 

8868EA11-80F0-4402-B41A-D665F2364F74.jpeg

52826EE8-CACE-4F52-964E-E357E063DFA1.jpeg

Drove three and a half hours  to join my daughter,her husband, his parents to celebrate my granddaughter’s 12th birthday. Very nice dinner and a nice evening in perspective.

Edited by landman

20 hours ago, cobraman said:

My daughter and her husband closed on their first home today !

Congrats to them!

My daughter and her husband have been trying to buy a house for close to a year now.  It's a hot market in New Jersey in their price range. They've been under contract for at least five houses, and every one has fallen through because unscrupulous sellers continue to accept bids during the attorney review period.   In the meantime, my younger daughter has managed to go under contract for a condo on her own.  She only lost two before this deal stuck!

My daughter got lucky. Offered and closed on the second place she/they looked at. 40 grand under their budget in Lincoln Park, Chicago. Not where they really want to live but as her husband was hired and now is an agent for the Secret Service ( you didn't hear it from me ) he was stationed at the office downtown in the loop. 4 years and he will be transferred to DC and will rent this place.

This sure pleased me. At a flea market a few weeks ago, I found a big, weird 1/72 scale aircraft kit: the Testors XR-75 "Penetrator."  Paid $3.00 for it.  Put it up on eBay with a starting bid of $9.99. It sold last night for $51.50 and got a lot of bids.  Here's what it looks like, in case you see one at a yard sale or flea market:

penet.jpg

Edited by Mike999
omit