Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is the one (1) station wagon you'd like to see kitted?

A '71-73 Dodge Coronet wagon or Plymouth Satellite wagon...Hot Wheels tooled up one as a 'Brady Bunch' wagon a while back, but it's neatly modified w/ a shaker hood scoop. Something like that would be fun in scale--could do stock versions and phantom Hemi or 440 Six Pack versions..I'd love to see one with a '71-72 Road Runner/GTX front end.

hrdp_0908_01_z%2B1971_dodge_coronet_wago

plymouth-satellite-custom-station-wagon-

Edited by Rob Hall

Surprising that nobody's mentioned one that neither AMT Corporation, nor Revell ever did (and both produced multi-versions of the basic car on which this station wagon can be based:

1940 Ford Station Wagon which can be kitted in both Standard and Deluxe Versions.

Art

Didn't some guy in Indiana do one of those in resin several decades ago? I vaguely recall that.

I'd like to see Revell do a '57 Ford 2 door wagon from their '57 Ford tooling. Shouldn't be to hard for them to work from the existing tooling.

It would be great if they could tool up a 223 cu in 6 for it.

And make it a 2 in 1 kit right from the start. Include both the 6 & V8 engines in it. Include all the speed equipment for the V8.

Maybe some generic commercial business decals and some drag decals.

If they offer it as a true 2 in 1 kit from the beginning, I'd bet they would sell a lot more kits when initially released.

wow that Tempest is some strange stuff! I sort of knew there was something weird about those cars but never really knew what, aside from the half-a-V8 engine. but that enclosed driveline and rear transaxle, I had never really seen that before.

so I personally would be around second in line to vote for it as THE candidate, plus its just kool in its shape too!

jb

The two most logical new wagon kits based on previously produced molds would be Galaxie Ltd. 1946-48 Chevrolet Fleetmaster wagon... and Revell 1957-58 Ford Ranch Wagon.

I happen to know that both Gary Schmidt at Galaxie and Ed Sexton at Revell have both under consideration.

Are they in production?

I have no idea, but both have said they are thinking about it.

Wagons are very popular now and all manufactures have something in the works.