Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name that movie quote

Petetrucker07

9 hours ago, Lizard Racing said:

"We deal in lead, Mister."  "We are in the same business then."  "Only as competitors."

McQueen says "We deal in lead, friend" in The Magnificent Seven.  Right after Yul Brenner says "Solving your problems isn't our line." 

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

McQueen says "We deal in lead, friend" in The Magnificent Seven.  Right after Yul Brenner says "Solving your problems isn't our line." 

There are some funny stories about McQueen always trying to upstage Brynner in that movie. Like the scene where Brynner and McQueen are in the wagon, and McQueen keeps flipping the shotgun around and playing with it.  That kind of stuff drove Brynner crazy, to the point where he went to director John Sturges and complained. Which didn't seem to do him any good...

On the classic Western movie theme, this one should be easy:

"I saw three of these dusters a short time ago. They were waiting for a train. Inside the dusters there were three men."
"So?"
"Inside the men there were three bullets."

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Just watched The Magnificent Seven last night..first time I'd seen it in about 30 years...great movie. 

6 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Yes sir,u got it.Theres a million great quotes from Pt 1,and 2.

"Leave the gun,take the cannoli"  

Saw an article recently that said the 'take the cannoli' wasn't in the script, but was ad-libbed.  Great line.

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Saw an article recently that said the 'take the cannoli' wasn't in the script, but was ad-libbed.  Great line.

Yup I read that too.Im sure there was a lot of Ad-libbing in those films.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:25 AM, NOBLNG said:

From one of my all-time favorite movies..."who cut the cheese?"

Yes it was Jaws..And I think this quote was from American Graffiti when Richard Dreyfus is in the back seat of car with the Pharaohs....Or I could be totally wrong:P

18 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Yes it was Jaws..And I think this quote was from American Graffiti when Richard Dreyfus is in the back seat of car with the Pharaohs....Or I could be totally wrong:P

Yes, American Graffiti. It was one of the Pharaohs who said it.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:47 AM, NOBLNG said:

Yes, American Graffiti. It was one of the Pharaohs who said it.

Maybe Bo Hopkins, who was one of those Pharaohs. Back in the 1980's, I used to  hang around a country-western bar in North Hollywood, CA, the Little Nashville.  Bo Hopkins also used to come in there, and every once in a while he even got up and sang with the band. He was from Greenville SC, not far from where I sit writing this.

The Little Nashville also became famous...or notorious...for two other regular customers: Carol Bundy and Doug Clark, a/k/a "The Sunset Strip Killers." 

https://darkerinthelight.wordpress.com/the-sunset-strip-killers/

Is it ok if I use the bathroom?If You gotta go,u gotta go...I frisked him,he’s clean.Don’t take too long....What I want, what’s most important to me,is there is to be no further attempts on my fathers life. You think too much of me kid,I had my chance....I’m the hunted one now...

On 5/6/2019 at 8:41 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Is it ok if I use the bathroom?If You gotta go,u gotta go...I frisked him,he’s clean.Don’t take too long....What I want, what’s most important to me,is there is to be no further attempts on my fathers life. You think too much of me kid,I had my chance....I’m the hunted one now...

The exchange between Michael Corleone and the dirty cop McClusky.  The Don Vito competitor thrown in.

Michael came out blasting with the noisy gun "to get rid of all the pain in the ass innocent bystanders."

Lots of memorable quotes in that flick.

10 hours ago, Lizard Racing said:

The exchange between Michael Corleone and the dirty cop McClusky.  The Don Vito competitor thrown in.

Michael came out blasting with the noisy gun "to get rid of all the pain in the ass innocent bystanders."

Lots of memorable quotes in that flick.

Yup u got it, and like you said there’s a lot of quotes in that movie..Another quote...”Yea I got the perfect place.A little family joint,And it’s got one of those old toilets,you know the kind where you pull the chain down.If We can get the gun behind that ,it just might work...Or something like that..Close enough,right?:P And the competitor ,as you call him,the guy who Michael (Pacino) shot,was Sollozo,or I’ve seen it also spelled Salatso...?.BANG!!!?  What an excellent scene.

“Tell Michael, it was only business,I always liked him..He knows Sal.”

On 5/8/2019 at 10:22 AM, NYLIBUD said:

Yup u got it, and like you said there’s a lot of quotes in that movie..Another quote...”Yea I got the perfect place.A little family joint,And it’s got one of those old toilets,you know the kind where you pull the chain down.If We can get the gun behind that ,it just might work...Or something like that..Close enough,right?:P And the competitor ,as you call him,the guy who Michael (Pacino) shot,was Sollozo,or I’ve seen it also spelled Salatso...?.BANG!!!?  What an excellent scene.

“Tell Michael, it was only business,I always liked him..He knows Sal.”

"I'm your older brother Mike, and I was stepped over!

It ain't the way I wanted it!

I can handle things, I'm smart!

Not like everybody says....like dumb, I'm smart and I want respect!"

Steve