Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 250 California

Jeff Johnston

This is the recent release of the Academy "European Classic Car" kit which is essentially the Italieri kit, and the same as was released as a Testors kit back in the 80s. No Ferrari decals come in this kit but I had a photo etch fret and some Ferrari decals that I bought from Ebay (even though I only needed th nose decal).

This is straight box stock meaning no extra details added except the Ferrari script and node decal.

The paint is Testors gloss Red Lacquer mixed with dept store lacquer thinner and and cleared with decanted Testors Wet Look clear.

cccc.jpg

bbbb.jpg

This is the recent release of the Academy "European Classic Car" kit which is essentially the Italieri kit, and the same as was released as a Testors kit back in the 80s. No Ferrari decals come in this kit but I had a photo etch fret and some Ferrari decals that I bought from Ebay (even though I only needed the nose decal).

This is straight box stock meaning no extra details added except the Ferrari script and node decal.

The paint is Testors gloss Red Lacquer mixed with dept store lacquer thinner and and cleared with decanted Testors Wet Look clear.

cccc.jpg

bbbb.jpg