Model Cars Magazine Forum

STEVE SCOTT ,A.KA . [ UNCERTAIN T ]

At least with the Garbage Truck, you get a couple garbage cans, surfboards,wheels, and a hot 1/32 70's style dancing chick :wub: ..... to be fair, the UT does have a few useful parts as well :rolleyes:

it should have been a 1/24 scale 70's style dancing chick, did you get a midget dancing chick in your model kit?

whether a person (today) likes the car or the kit is still in the "eye of the beholder" but it seems to me that the outstanding engineering of this show rod is constantly being overlooked or overshadowed because of the current behavior of a builder that hasn't realized that he's a "one hit wonder" and tried to move on. His golden egg has withered and gone sour.

BUT.... the original engineering was innovative and was appropriately awarded at the time.

Builders that want to have a piece of this kind of show rod history will probably still buy this kit if it ever hits the shelves again, the rest will continue to whine that their favorite car was never marketed.

the more things change, the more they stay the same. (try reading through the readers comments in the model car mags of the 60's and you'll see the same rants you see in these forums).

If you don't personally own the old model car mags, go to modelcarencyclopedia.com and you can read through all the old mags that people have been nice enough to scan. (warning, you might see a photo of a rather young Tim Boyd) ;)

Edited by blunc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

And thanks to all that contributed to this genius venture,  you've pitched in & helped with the essential supplies needed for this fantastic investment ........... here's a breakdown of funds ( various living expenses included )  - 2000 bottles of cooking Sherry, 36 cases of Depends, 4 boxes of rubber gloves, 11 turkey basters, 69 Gerbils, 12 pink bunny slippers & one straitjacket.   :rolleyes:

Just saw this topic for the first time and read through it all.

This Steve Scott seems to be living in some sort of fantasy world, where he assumes people will send him money so he can move to the mainland? And then he wants to do an exact recreation of the original car, and simultaneously film a documentary of the process, and come up with the tooling to manufacture new kits of the car... and do all of this using money he expects complete strangers to just give to him?

And his website... geez, the stuff he posts there about everything is someone else's fault and he's some sort of pathetic innocent victim?

I can't believe anyone has sent this guy money. I guess P. T. Barnum was right...

The more I look around on his web site, the crazier he seems to be. For example...

My T-Shirt Store is CLOSED Until Further Notice

After all the work, time and money I spent setting up to be able to make Uncertain Tee Shirts myself, and even offering a free 8-1/2” x 11” autographed photo with every shirt ordered…I have only received 1… that’s right… ONE order…Okay… I get it… hot rodders just don’t do much buying on the Internet, and money is tight everywhere. So, until I find a replacement custom T-shirt shop on the mainland to do this for me again, or until I’m finally able to afford to move back to the mainland and can be going to car shows and other hot rodding events to meet new and old friends in person, and sell and autograph stuff in person, this Uncertain Tee Shirt store is closed.

The more I look around on his web site, the crazier he seems to be. For example...

After all the work, time and money I spent setting up to be able to make Uncertain Tee Shirts myself, and even offering a free 8-1/2” x 11” autographed photo with every shirt ordered…I have only received 1… that’s right… ONE order…Okay… I get it… 

Okay, which one of you guys ordered the shirt?     :P

until I’m finally able to afford to move back to the mainland and can be going to car shows and other hot rodding events to meet new and old friends in person, and sell and autograph stuff in person, this Uncertain Tee Shirt store is closed.

Wow. Who does this guy think he is? Barris? Roth?