Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks - I checked my inventory list..I DO have the '63 split window stingray (as posted by bill here). Somewhere .....LOL.
  3. Either ignoring a definitive answer from someone who actually knows, or wanting to argue, is a frequent and irksome occurrence, and not conducive to getting the real experts to offer correct info. But hey...it's just SOP for the interwebs.
  4. The top is modeled and it was effectively not easy to do. Hopefully I'll be able to do it for real. Here's my 3d model And a real top I've worked hard on printing the different windscreen components and as predicted, some were very tricky to do. I've dry fitted the meshscreen with it's mounting frame and I'm very pleased with the result. The difficulty with the mesh screen was to figure out the proper shape of mesh to cut. Since the mesh is not flat ( it has a fairly prononced bump to clear the oil tank cap), it's shape is not a rectangle but rather a mix of straight and curved line. I tried to determine the shape using good old geometrie but I've been using a 3d cad system for so long the my basic draftman's skills are very rusty. So I took the easy way out and printed a 2 piece male/female press to conform the mesh. All I had to do was to cut the mesh following the contour of the press. I then had a correctly shape mesh that could be inserted in the frame. Easier said than done. It took me about 1 hour but I got it in! Too bad I'll have to disassemble it for paint but I know it fits. Here are some pictures. The male/female press The mesh in the press ready yo be trimmed The mesh inserted in the frame Scratch built clamping screws The real one The mesh screen installed in the mounting frame My assembly next to the kit's The aftermath... Next up, the foldable top frame.
  5. "Pencil-neck geek" isn't a term of endearment.
  6. Nah, back home now…but did as much prep as I could in an Orlando hotel room 🤪 Im replicating the original Hawk box art for this one, but I don’t have a set of the original decals so had to cut a mask and lay some Tamiya white down… And the inspiration… I’ll do some touch-ups on the paint once it’s set up and then I can get the body in clear
  7. Rest of my sentencing is put on hold till I get a new pencil.
  8. Today
  9. The sad thing is that if someone actually clicked on the link Joe posted in the first reply to the question, that was the the exact answer there. Alcohol.
  10. Very well done 👍🏻
  11. Bro...looks like your idea is generating some interest. I will check my Stingray kit collection and send you a run down.
  12. I like that a LOT!!! NOT another belly button!!!!
  13. For cryin' out loud, mom, give it a rest.
  14. Together we can keep this a modeling website rather than a soapbox for those who enjoy whining and complaining about things they never offer solutions for.
  15. Very authentic looking in appearance. Now just dab a few drops of oil underneath and you will have the smell too for a truly accurate experience.
  16. Now that is a good-looking body kit. I am impressed with how smooth and shiny the body is. Thanks for sharing.
  17. A real looker Tony and congrats on the first place trophy. Very nice shade of red!!
  18. That’s a really good looking model. Cleanly built, nice detailing, and great paint.
  19. A beauty for sure Tony, great looking in that color!!
  20. Yep, nice looking '55 Sedan ya got there Brian!
  21. Darn cool looking build in in interesting colors. Great looking flatty.👍
  1. Load more activity