[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Jaguar XK 120, Revell

Beautiful build Peter.
  3. Verne Troyer. well known for playing Mini Me on the Austin Powers movies has passed away. He had been battling with Depression. But the cause of death isn't clear at this time. He was also in other movies as well.
  4. Another neat tow truck

Neat eh?
  5. Jaguar XK 120, Revell

Many a moon since I last finished a model but I haven't been completely idle. The XK 120 came out about the same time I did and it is still my all-time favourite car design. The kit has its pros and cons but, as you can see, it captures the basic shape really well. I've built it curbside but there is an acceptable engine. I didn't like the kit's wheels and tyres so I used the inner wheels from a Monogram 58 T/Bird, modified to accept the kit's hub caps, and the tyres from a Revell 37 Ford pickup. The windscreen and its glass were tricky to get right. I thinned down the frame a bit and had it (and the other chrome parts) re-chromed. Paint is Tamiya black from a can with Tamiya Purple Red acrylic from a bottle for the interior. Hosted on Fotki Hosted on Fotki Hosted on Fotki Hosted on Fotki Hosted on Fotki Hosted on Fotki
  6. Today
  7. Excellent! Come to think of it, I'll have to try that very trick again to some other decals I have that are no longer as bright as they should be.
  8. 72 Celica

Awesome build !!!
  9. Let's See Some Glue Bombs!

Here’s mine: Airfix Lotus Cortina. It’s missing the bumpers, but I’m not sure I want to restore it anyway. Some glue bombs speak volumes of their life as they are.
  10. Not your every day Outlaw

That's cool-i remember them so well i guess i'm showing my age-lol
  11. Snake wedge dragster

Cheers. There is a whole heap of stuff out of scale with this kit but it will still look ok on the shelf
  12. Years back I had bought some front resin front headlight/bezel's for a 78 Monte Carlo from a resin supplier. I was at the time out of super glue and had no epoxy on hand. Impatient I wanted to get them glued on. I had on hand some Loctite GO2 Glue I picked up from walmart. It's a clear glue sort of a thick honey consistency, dries a sort of rubber like texture on some test pieces I used it on. But very solid not a cheap flexible type rubber. I used it on the two resin headlights, and it held in place perfectly! Recently I wanted to remove the headlights and use them on another project, and with a little hobby knife help, they popped off with a little pressure. The glue left behind scraped right off easily. I also used it in a pinch to glue down some seats and they solid to this day. The seats were styrene on styrene. Resin headlights were attached on direct painted enamel surface I should mention. I'm actually pretty impressed by the glue and found lots of other uses for it with model building. It doesn't have a strong odor or anything either and dries crystal clear. Something different to try out.
  13. 'Preciate that Brian. Great to have you on board Carl. Thanks buddy. Thanks Dale. Sorry it was 4 months late. You know what I mean.
  14. Great work with the effects. Those graphics on the side are a true sign of the times.
  15. Yessssssssss! You already know how I feel about this one Dale. Good grief man! Truly impressive work!!!
  16. I had this pulled up on the screen the other day to comment and got distracted. This ride is looking waaaaaaaaaaay cool!! Very cool!
  17. New Revell '32 Ford 5-window coupe

Tim Boyd, I know this is an ancient thread, but thank you so much for your shots of the high boy motor. The Revell instructions show the heads and the plates the extractors attatch to upside down. I thought I was going insane and would have been lost without your pics, thanks heaps!
  18. 2018 Cannonball Run

Windows are in, a few more pieces and the body and chassis can go together.
  19. 2018 Cannonball Run

I like it.
  20. Let's See Some Glue Bombs!

You shoulda showed us the messy side, that looks pretty clean to me.
  21. 2018 Cannonball-AMX

Windows are all in. Put a black wash on the rims, need to make shocks and add brakes then the body and chassis will go together for the last time.
  22. Ferrari 365GTS/4 Daytona Spyder

Got her back to grey primer, she is pretty smooth. I forgot to spray the hood Going to do a light yellow layer and then Tamiya TS-8 Italian Red
  23. Let's See Some Glue Bombs!

I just dug this one out of a junk box, doesn't really look like it in the pic but it has a lot of glue on it.
  24. Bulk Photo Resizer

Irfanview is my go to utility for things like that.
  25. Sorry, Not in my book

26. 2018 Edmonton Motor Show

That Insight, like the Aztek before it, should be a reminder to all that "distinctive" is not necessarily the same thing as "beautiful"
  1. Load more activity